Everything posted by BadCat
-
Owsley County 87 Powell County 83 OT
If my math is correct, 11 district games, (estill and owsley being the 12th), total point differential 23, eight overtime periods. Three pretty even teams.
-
Lee County 78 Estill County 75 (3 OT)
If Owsley beats Estill, will be three teams 4-2, so would depend on tie breaker.
-
Owsley County 87 Powell County 83 OT
I'm not sure, but if 3 way tie, and 1st tie breaker doesn't work, don't they use record against other region team? Do you know for sure, professor? District is a toss-up, but edge to Estill since in their gym, although that doesn't seem to mean much this year.
-
Lee County 78 Estill County 75 (3 OT)
Lee and Estill rivalry has turned into a hot one, no doubt about it. Looks like Estill vs. Powell and Lee vs. Owsley in district, right?
-
Estill County 62 Owsley County 58
Sounds like things got pretty hoy down there tonight.
-
Owsley County @ Estill County January 11
My baby going to play at that regional band, I'll be there with bells on. I think estill wins a close one, but Owsley may turn tables in Booneville. (I know game over, but I have no idea of outcome.)
-
Lee County 72 Magoffin County 62
Lee trailed by 19 in third quarter, came back to win by nine.
-
Lee County 59 Owsley County 55
Your score probably right. Lee needed to win by three.
-
Lee County 59 Owsley County 55
I am sure Lee won, but score might be slightly off. I first heard Lee by four, but got this score. In any event, think it locks Lee in for number 2 seed in district. Five wins in a row for Lee, including a tough one over Ryle.
-
Lee County @ Wolfe County November 27 Predictions
Professor, as usual, is correct. Lee and Wolfe have played at least twice a year for as long as I can remember, and I am well into my 50's. In fact, during the realignment, one of the worst things that could have happened did, splitting Lee and Wolfe, but both schools wanted the rivalry kept going, and were successful.
-
Lee 60 Wolfe 55
Lee County unusually deep. At least 10 kids that can play, and would probably start any other year.
-
Boys 14th Region Cats Pause Preview
Lee County has about eight sophomores that are ready to play, plus Pittman. I really think they are going to surprise some teams.
-
Lee County 2010/2011
Very young this year. Pittman one of best in region. Probably year or so away, though.
-
Owsley County 99 Powell County 96 (2OT)
Played at Lee County. I know Owsley County's Evans had 39.
-
Owsley County 99 Powell County 96 (2OT)
A classic, one of best games I ever witnessed at any level.
-
Adults Acting Like Kids
Before the tipoff of Lee-Powell 56th district game, the players, cheerleaders, and students in the stands from both schools spontaneously recognized and gave loud ovation to young man with disability that regularly attends games in the area. Maybe adults should follow example of kids, rather than vice-versa.
-
Any rumors on region realignment for the future?
Please don't seperate Lee and Owsley. We don't have much left here, but we can only hope we will always have each other.:confused:
-
Lee County 59 Estill County 57 (OT)
Outstanding show of sportsman ship before game. Students, Cheerleaders and players from both schools wore an item of pink in honor of mother of Lee County starter Gus Wise, who is fighting second bout wirh cancer. Commenting on this, PA announcer said before game "we are rivals, and that is fine, but we are also neighbors and friends. We are certainly not enemies". In response, two minute standing ovation from packed house just before tip-off. Fans were rewarded with great hard fought game. Lee led by nine at end of three, but Estill came back to lead by three with 40 seconds left. Lee tied game, and Aaron Charles came up big in overtime, leading Bobcats to 56th title.
-
Lee 73 Estill 62
Aaron Charles scored 26 as Lee pulled away at the end.
-
Lee Co 66 Buckhorn 60
I was impressed by Buckhorn, they play real tough and are well coached. Pelfrey is probably most improved player in 14th. Doesn't even look like same kid out there. Lee must get turnovers under control.
-
Lee Co. Blue - White Night
Lee County is looking strong. I didn't see the scrimmage with Paris Saturday, but saw them against Menifee and was impressed. Size is no issue as every starter is over six feet. Jarred Pelfrey has dropped about 20 pounds, and looks like a different player. The new kid can rebound, block shots and really run the floor Tyler Campbell looks like he may be able to just take a game over. Good outside shooters with Wise and Charles. This team may be better than the one that won All A regional couple of years ago.
-
June Buchanan 2008/2009
I ask this because I really don't know, but is June Buchanan fielding a team this year?
-
Smallest Counties in KY
Lee and Owsley combined would still be one of the smallest in the state, around 12000 or 13000 population. I really dont see much growth for either, as both are off the beaten path.
-
Lee Co 2008/2009
According to very unofficial reports, this kid is strong rebounder and shot blocker. If he is as advertised, Lee will not have a starter under six feet, so size is not an issue. Charles will score. Gus Wise and Tyler Campbell are willing to mix it up with anybody, and both can shoot and play defense. My concern is point guard, a spot where they have been relatively strong the past few seasons,. If that spot works out, the Bobcats should be very good, and can make some noise at the regional level.
-
Game Cancellations
Just heard games for tonight canceled. Not sure of reshceduling. If anyone does, please post.