Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lee Co 2008/2009

Featured Replies

What does Lee Co. need to do to improve in 2008/2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Charles is a wonderful player. Must get production from others. The Pittman addition may help in that area.

I was told that the Bobcats have a new student, a 6'4 kid from Georgia. He supposenly is a very talented player. He's either a freshman or sophmore. Adding him to a team that already has one of the region's best players in 6'4 guard Aaron Charles, and the 6'5 Pelfrey, and the Bobcats will definitely be a contender to go a long way in the region.

I was told that the Bobcats have a new student, a 6'4 kid from Georgia. He supposenly is a very talented player. He's either a freshman or sophmore. Adding him to a team that already has one of the region's best players in 6'4 guard Aaron Charles, and the 6'5 Pelfrey, and the Bobcats will definitely be a contender to go a long way in the region.

 

According to very unofficial reports, this kid is strong rebounder and shot blocker. If he is as advertised, Lee will not have a starter under six feet, so size is not an issue. Charles will score. Gus Wise and Tyler Campbell are willing to mix it up with anybody, and both can shoot and play defense. My concern is point guard, a spot where they have been relatively strong the past few seasons,. If that spot works out, the Bobcats should be very good, and can make some noise at the regional level.

Lee County should be the favorite in 56th district. Charles is one of the top 10 players in the region and Pelphrey is a force down low. If they have added some kids to go with the talent they already had, they should be one of the top 5 teams in the region.

 

Lee County in the past 4 years has had some of the best teams in the region, yet they only have one district championship and an All A championship to show for it. It seems people are always talking about how could that they can be. Lee County needs to prove that they are a legit contender this season.

Edited by STRIKE3

Lee County should be the favorite in 56th district. Charles is one of the top 10 players in the region and Pelphrey is a force down low. If they have added some kids to go with the talent they already had, they should be one of the top 5 teams in the region.

 

Lee County in the past 4 years has had some of the best teams in the region, yet they only have one district championship and an All A championship to show for it. It seems people are always talking about how could that they can be. Lee County needs to prove that they are a legit contender this season.

 

Co-favorite IMO

Estill has 4 starters returning and a district championship Freshman class that are going to be sophs

Co-favorite IMO

Estill has 4 starters returning and a district championship Freshman class that are going to be sophs

 

Yes but they relied heavily on the play of the other guard that graduated. In regional play basically just the two guards with a little help from the guard that got hot for a short moment was their offense and who touched the ball mostly. With all this said in no way is Estill a bad team. I would put Lee at the favorites preseason.

Lee will be ranked a few spots ahead of Estill.

For Lee to be succesful/improve they have to focus on pounding the ball inside. With everyone over 6 ft. tall they have to use that as their advantage. They got the D, they just have to focus on attacking the rim everytime down the floor.

Theres is another topic being talked about on Bluegrass about smallest school enrollments and the ones that have went to the state tournament. If I am not mistaken Lee County is smaller than some of the schools mentioned. I would like to ask some of you from Lee what the enrollment is at Lee Co. I left Lee 31 years ago and am still a avid fan and follow my hometown closely. I love to hear that things are going good for them.

Sorry the topic is the smallest counties in the state, but I still believe that Lee Co. is smaller than some that is listed.

  • Author
Theres is another topic being talked about on Bluegrass about smallest school enrollments and the ones that have went to the state tournament. If I am not mistaken Lee County is smaller than some of the schools mentioned. I would like to ask some of you from Lee what the enrollment is at Lee Co. I left Lee 31 years ago and am still a avid fan and follow my hometown closely. I love to hear that things are going good for them.

 

Here is some stats on Lee Co and winning the 14th region:

 

 

 

Lee Co has a population of 7,648. They have made the state tourney two times, as winners of the 14th region. Their first trip was in 1968. They made it to Saturday morning and got beat by Seneca in OT. In their first game they were a 18 point underdog and beat Danville by 18. Next they played Clark Co and beat them by 4. Glasgow won the state that year.

 

Their next trip was in either 1972 or 73 and they got beat their first game.

Sorry the topic is the smallest counties in the state, but I still believe that Lee Co. is smaller than some that is listed.

 

Bobcat--Gold corrected me on this. Lee would be about the 9th smallest county in KY. When I was looking up my stats one site had an error and said they had a population of 17,648. I knew they couldn't be that big!!! They obviously put a 1 in front of the other 4 numbers which was wrong. As a small rural school I hope Charles and Lee can advance deep in the 14th Region tourney this year. GO BOBCATS!!!! Again, thanks to Gold and sorry about the error.

Thanks alot for the answers from both of you. I knew if Gold Sunrise read this I would get a answer. I think I met Gold Sunrise during the state tournament but I am not sure.

  • Author
Thanks alot for the answers from both of you. I knew if Gold Sunrise read this I would get a answer. I think I met Gold Sunrise during the state tournament but I am not sure.

 

If you were with The Professor...then yes we met. Glad I could help out with the information. I remember that 1968 Lee Co team...been one of my favorite teams in the 40+ years I have been going to the State Tourney.

 

I also have heard that the Charles kids is a good player. I am sure that Coach Danny Joe Wright will have the Bobcats ready for this season.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.