Dixie Heights 6 Ludlow 1

Ludlow led 1-0 into the top of the 7th. Dixie comes back and plates 6 in the top. Same type of scenario as the day before at Scott. Ludlow needs to learn how to finish off these high quality opponents. Looks like they are getting good pitching and defense but not scoring a lot of runs.

I'll speak for our Ludlow baseball parents :), we are thrilled with what Coach Gray has done with our program. There are some talented kids at Ludlow. The pitcher for Ludlow last night (Slone), is a 15 year old sophomore. He threw a heck of a game, held Dixie to 0 runs through 6 innings. Walked the first batter in the 7th inning, the batter stole to second, next batter hit a base hit which scored the tieing run. He was pulled after that. He probably threw 80+ pitches. I will say, when he was pulled, many of the Dixie parents stood up and clapped for him. I hope that made him feel better, because the look on his face was total dejection.

The Scott game the night before was 1-1 going into the 6th inning.

These boys are getting parts of the puzzle right. They just need to put it all together.

If anyone knows Coach Gray they know he is a tough coach. But it sounds like the kids are really buying into the program and its great to see & hear. I've heard nothing but good things about Ludlow this year.

Best of luck to Coach Gray and the Panthers in the weeks to come and in the post season.

The pitcher for Ludlow last night (Slone), is a 15 year old sophomore. He threw a heck of a game, held Dixie to 0 runs through 6 innings.

Ludlow has a freshman who pitches JV who is very raw but has a very live arm. He can be a nice complement to Slone down the road.

^ slacker....:lol2:

Don't forget about Lloyd, they've got a very good group of freshmen athletes coming up who are very good on the gridiron. Curious as to whether or not that will transfer to the diamond in a couple years.

Congrats to the Colonels on the win against Ludlow!

Ludlow has a freshman who pitches JV who is very raw but has a very live arm. He can be a nice complement to Slone down the road.

I believe that is Dylan Vogt. You are correct. If he develops more of an off-speed pitch he will be tough as he gets older.

I will say this about Ludlow...

1) Coach Gray is the real deal

2) they have some very good players that people are going to be hearing more from

Off the top of my head:

Geoff Thornsburg (sr) - if there are many better center fielders in NKY, I'd love to see them

Tyler Lyons (jr) - solid pitcher and catcher

Tyler Durham (jr) - has to be hitting about .400 on the year. Seems like every other game he has 2 or 3 hits

Evan Slone (so) - one of the best young talents Ludlow has seen in years. He can hit, pitch and has played a solid SS all year

T.C. Eads (fr) - this kid has played every position on the field this season except first base. Solid young player

With Coach Gray's leadership, I really think Ludlow is a team to keep an eye on.

Another quick note on the Dixie v Ludlow game...

Both pitchers, Slone (Ludlow) and Smallwood (Dixie) were outstanding.

And they're both only sophomores...could be some awesome battles between those two for the next couple of years.