Elizabethtown is Open

MSU-70

"If they want" ??

Explain this to me....you make it sound easy. What do they need to do so they are the BG of 3A? Why wouldn't they do that?

I am not saying you are wrong. I am just curious why you said this.

Thanks!

They are a city school inside a populous county. They have tradition. They have very similar demographics to Bowling Green. In the "if they want" category during the last coaching search they put some ridiculous stipulations on the position. From what i've been told E-town had 1 assistant in the building last year and BG had WAY more than that. There is one other thing that I heard has been in place at BG for a long time that leads to their success and I have no knowledge if E-town does it, but I doubt it, and no, its not recruiting but it costs money. BG also has great schemes and great stability in the HC position going back decades between the last 2 coaches. If E-town wanted too there is not 1 thing in place that could not be duplicated.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a city school inside a populous county. They have tradition. They have very similar demographics to Bowling Green. In the "if they want" category during the last coaching search they put some ridiculous stipulations on the position. From what i've been told E-town had 1 assistant in the building last year and BG had WAY more than that. There is one other thing that I heard has been in place at BG for a long time that leads to their success and I have no knowledge if E-town does it, but I doubt it, and no, its not recruiting but it costs money. BG also has great schemes and great stability in the HC position going back decades between the last 2 coaches. If E-town wanted too there is not 1 thing in place that could not be duplicated.

This is a good start and thank you. But, what is the "one other thing"? Reading between the lines, that must be most important.

Thanks!

Newspaper article said last time this job was open there were 25 candidates, wonder if the number of applicants will be higher or lower. Billings has from what I have seen turned the program in the right direction... what is the chances they hire young versus old in this one??? Someone that would commit years versus finishing a career with....?/

The situation could be very good for Etown if they can land the right coach. Jagger's would be big, so would a few others....

I hope they decide quickly, lots a work to do in order to keep Etown headed in the right direction. I hear the new facilities are top notch

I'm interested to see if Elizabethtown can lure Jaggers away from Larue County. In my own personal opinion I don't think Elizabethtown can do it. I feel like he is at Larue County for the long haul.

We would rather have Crad than have Josh. Don't believe Josh is a factor for this job... Interesting interview today, we should know more before the end of the week.

We would rather have Crad than have Josh. Don't believe Josh is a factor for this job... Interesting interview today, we should know more before the end of the week.

If he applied and interviewed, which I think he would get the opportunity to do so; he'd become a factor.

But, I agree. Crad would be a huge pick up.

Given your name, I'm sure you are familiar with North Hardin, and most just know of their athletes & think "win" automatically. But, I'm sure you know it's not that easy there. A lot more trials and tribulations to deal with that you don't see on the surface. With that said, Crad's last two years as the HC at North are looking pretty dang good right now. And...With that said, Brent Thompson was and is still the man for North. Once things get rolling there, it could be scary.

Josh and Crad are the same person and coach across the board in terms of their personalities. Which, given the fact they are family and practically brothers, that much is to be expected.

Can't wait to see what happens.

You cannont go wrong with Crad. Puts in the time, prepares the kids, and gets them ready for more than just a game, he prepares those kids for what they are going to get when life isn't so much sunshine and rainbows. As for Josh...you ain't luring him away from that gig at LaRue, you don't get a much better set up for a "teaching" position!! :)

You cannont go wrong with Crad. Puts in the time, prepares the kids, and gets them ready for more than just a game, he prepares those kids for what they are going to get when life isn't so much sunshine and rainbows. As for Josh...you ain't luring him away from that gig at LaRue, you don't get a much better set up for a "teaching" position!! :)

Yeah, those administration like extended days he gets with his teaching job will be hard to ever get matched anywhere else. Those are the kicker. Any and everybody in the education world knows that any amount of extended days are like gold, especially if you have that many.

I was going to say something similar last night. Any school that wants Josh Jaggers is going to have to come correct like they really want him. The opportunity he has at Larue County will not likely be replaced by any school in the state. It's like he truly has a spectacular unconditional relationship with an administration who gets it. It's a testament to Larue County and Josh Jaggers that he is still at Larue County looking to build and establish their own tradition together considering the opportunities he has had to go elsewhere for what some would think are better football programs than Larue County.

When you have that good of a relationship with an administration as a coach you learn that the grass isn't always greener.

Chris Engstrand is the name that is being tossed around. He and his family have lived here since he was an assistant an North. Would be a very interesting hire. He has had several opportunities with different programs, but has not had the type of players to install the run-n-shoot system. However, they had the same philosophy with Todd and were not very successful/physical over the long haul with that system.