Nick Cannon Slammed as Racist for Dressing in "White Face"

lawildcat

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine line; and not one I'd ever like to try and toe.

Even humor can come from a hateful place. If it were me, the situation would have to be just right for me to do it.

I think if it's out of humor and not hate there is almost nothing a comedian can't say or do. I know most people won't agree with me. I just don't don't get offended by someones humor, I may not find it funny but I don't get offended.

I think if it's out of humor and not hate there is almost nothing a comedian can't say or do. I know most people won't agree with me. I just don't don't get offended by someones humor, I may not find it funny but I don't get offended.

Comedians are one thing. When I say humor can come from a hateful place, I'm talking about the people you run into every single day. It's not pleasant when you just meet that dude out somewhere.

There's a divide between that comedy and the real world when there's a stage and bit involved.

Takes some of the sting out.

From that standpoint, I agree with you.

Comedians are one thing. When I say humor can come from a hateful place, I'm talking about the people you run into every single day. It's not pleasant when you just meet that dude out somewhere.

There's a divide between that comedy and the real world when there's a stage and bit involved.

Takes some of the sting out.

From that standpoint, I agree with you.

Agreed there is a setting for everything. There is a difference between the water cooler at work and a comedy show.

I think people over-dramatize offense taken in a lot of circumstances just for the attention. Many try and tell of what we are supposed to be and not be offended by. Unless you are getting personal or going after my family, even then, it is hard to offend me. I think a multitude of others are the same way, but we are filled with the holier than thou crowd that lives for this type of drama.