Chapman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries like this (to the face, in cop in "Hangover" voice) always make me think of Dickie Thon. Loved that dude...never the same.

Wille Blair (from Paintsville) took one to the chin, pitched well after.

Sounds like he was very lucky. When does baseball go the way of softball and have face masks for pitchers?

My playing days ended last year but I ptiched my last 3 seasons wearing a mask. Only got hit in it once, but that hit would have killed me, I have no doubt. It was so hard I had literally 0 time to react. I pitched again after that, but was jumpy. It's not the reason I'm finished, but still. Very scary.

My son and I just returned from Arizona and were sitting a few rows up by first base side. It was scary seeing this is live action. It brought back memories when I was coaching first base and Tanner Norton smoked one into the pitchers head when he was 12 years old. The bats were the lively ones and I think the mound was about 54 feet. They had to have an ambulance come on the field to get the kid and luckily he was ok. Just a weird feeling seeing someone hit that hard in the head.

Chapman was wild as heck. He not only walked four batters in this inning but he overthrew the catcher in the bullpen multiple times and hit the backstop when he was warming up before play began. Hopefully he comes back healthy and it doesn't affect him mentally.

My son and I just returned from Arizona and were sitting a few rows up by first base side. It was scary seeing this is live action. It brought back memories when I was coaching first base and Tanner Norton smoked one into the pitchers head when he was 12 years old. The bats were the lively ones and I think the mound was about 54 feet. They had to have an ambulance come on the field to get the kid and luckily he was ok. Just a weird feeling seeing someone hit that hard in the head.

Chapman was wild as heck. He not only walked four batters in this inning but he overthrew the catcher in the bullpen multiple times and hit the backstop when he was warming up before play began. Hopefully he comes back healthy and it doesn't affect him mentally.

:arghh:

• 1 month later...