Top 25 Baseball players in NKY

Rocky

Overall stats please!! Most HS coaches do not post the stats in NKY. To truly determine a good player one must take true "recorded" stats in their formula for determining top players, i.e., BA, GP, AB, H, R, PA, RBI's, OBP, TC's, RO's, IP, SB, K's, etc.. BA and ERA are not a true indicator of a top player, although certainly weights heavy in determining a good player. There are other players that have well rounded "overall" avgs. that should have consideration that are not even mentioned in this thread. LOL!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall stats please!! Most HS coaches do not post the stats in NKY. To truly determine a good player one must take true "recorded" stats in their formula for determining top players, i.e., BA, GP, AB, H, R, PA, RBI's, OBP, TC's, RO's, IP, SB, K's, etc.. BA and ERA are not a true indicator of a top player, although certainly weights heavy in determining a good player. There are other players that have well rounded "overall" avgs. that should have consideration that are not even mentioned in this thread. LOL!!

Step up and name them then.

Wish I could "Clyde". Exactly my point. There is not enough publically "reported" stats, as most NKY coaches do not post individual players "true" stats. Then it becomes how you weight the stats that are available. Right? My point is; this tread is very subjective and not justified. Until all coaches post their players "true" stats, then it's subjective.

Wish I could "Clyde". Exactly my point. There is not enough publically "reported" stats, as most NKY coaches do not post individual players "true" stats. Then it becomes how you weight the stats that are available. Right? My point is; this tread is very subjective and not justified. Until all coaches post their players "true" stats, then it's subjective.

The problem with your thinking is that it will STILL be subjective once the stats are known. Which stat is more important? Did the stats get generated at the expense of a lot of bad teams? How did you do against tough pitchers or against tough hitters? What about defense?

It's all subjective.

I think Ganns is going to be hard to beat.

No doubt Clyde. Ganns is a great player. Love the man!! However, Is a ERA and hitting enough to be the "best" player. No.

The problem with your thinking is that it will STILL be subjective once the stats are known. Which stat is more important? Did the stats get generated at the expense of a lot of bad teams? How did you do against tough pitchers or against tough hitters? What about defense?

It's all subjective.

I think Ganns is going to be hard to beat.

Ganns Batting

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI AVG OBP SLG

25 92 79 19 38 12 2 3 25 .481 .554 .797

Ganns Pitching

G GS W L INN SO WHIP OBA ERA

10 9 5 2 46.2 66 1.24 .190 1.80

No doubt Clyde. Ganns is a great player. Love the man!! However, Is a ERA and hitting enough to be the "best" player. No.

Please tell me you arent going to go cyber metrics on us? Its HS, ERA and BA have historically been what we base these on. Can we please stay that way at this level. IMO, tops I have seen, with disclaimer I have not seen Dixie this year, sure they have a couple that deserve consideration

Ganns

Dunn

All 3 BW sophs (Slusher, Stringer, Combs)

Verst

Ross

Forbes

Other than Ganns at #1, no idea how to seperate the rest.

Why wouldn't it be?

How else would you decide if you don't use stats?

I've seen them against each other and also watched both of them against other schools and I would say that you could make the case for Co-Players of the year. I've seen alot of nice players this Spring at various games but Ganns & Dunn are definitely head and shoulders above all others this year. Both are great players with bright futures.

Suchanek 8 2b, 7 3b, 2 dingers, .465 pitching?

Forbes 11 2b, 2 3b, 4 dingers .434

Exceptional numbers for lead off hitters, Suchanek has more protection and Ryle's schedule was the toughest along with Highlands.

Suchanek should have a championship win in the All A for the resume.

Speaking of Highlands, anyone know Jones, Ramey, or Whitford's numbers? Great players who need to be in the conversation and Will Heppler from Covington Catholic. Anyone see the crazy numbers Garret Lehkamp of Walton-Verona has? Great year.

Suchanek 8 2b, 7 3b, 2 dingers, .465 pitching?

Forbes 11 2b, 2 3b, 4 dingers .434

Exceptional numbers for lead off hitters, Suchanek has more protection and Ryle's schedule was the toughest along with Highlands.

Suchanek should have a championship win in the All A for the resume.

Speaking of Highlands, anyone know Jones, Ramey, or Whitford's numbers? Great players who need to be in the conversation and Will Heppler from Covington Catholic. Anyone see the crazy numbers Garret Lehkamp of Walton-Verona has? Great year.

I know Whitford is hitting over .500 with a few dingers. Jones has been hurt for the past month. Ramey started off super hot cooled off and is now getting hot again. Ramey is hitting in the high 300's with a few dingers and a ton of doubles..