Everything posted by Dingerbird
-
PBR Top Prospect Games at WKU
A player can ask for an invitation, a PBR rep will come out during the high school season to see if the skill set meets the requirements. Usually players have already attended a PBR Showcase and know where they stack up against the competition.
-
PBR Top Prospect Games at WKU
I notice a fair amount of Highlands players on the list, is this from informed parents or the coach trying to get his players an education? Beechwood has been ahead of the game, you would expect to see their players at the event. I wish there were more NKY high school teams represented, opportunities are being lost by quality athletes.
-
NKY Preseason Coaches Poll
I think BW losing Combs turned to be as devastating as Boone losing Ganns or Conner losing Ross. Their #2 pitcher and his batting set the table giving pitches to hit to everyone around him. He was more important than we gave him credit for and my top pick for POY 2015. IMO he was at least if not more valuable to BW as Forbes was to Ryle and that isn't counting his contribution on the bump.
-
NKY Jr/Sr All-Star Games Monday, June 9th
Hopefully someone can clarify this. There is an allstate All-Star team which play in the East-West All-Star game played in Lexington KY. There is a Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches Association all-star team..... A Northern Kentucky Athletic Conference All-Star team... and a NKY All-Star game that is played tonight that has 2 players each selected by their team's coach. Is this correct? None of the teams have anything to do with the other.
-
State Tournament
I think this is it, it will get you close.KHSAA.tv | Kentucky High School Athletic Association
-
State Tournament
Yes, I actually did it by mistake, I was only going to listen. The announcers were great. I'll find the link.......
-
State Tournament
I watched to Simon Kenton game live on my phone from the KHSAA which was cool. You need Wi-Fi I think.
-
NKY Jr/Sr All-Star Games Monday, June 9th
That goes along with what I heard, just from the other side of the fence. You may disagree but of all of the top pitcher/players (Ganns, Suchanek, Combs, Dunn, ..etc) IMO King lost the most AB's especially early in the season. The Ryle game is where his pitch count harness went out the window to over 100. I don't have an eye on the book, I would need collaboration. You can blow me out of the water if you can sneek a peek at the stats and list the number of pitches from his previous games. King, I think, still has a ton of upside and he is nowhere close to reaching his potential. Heck, with his birthday he could have been a Junior this year.
-
NKY Jr/Sr All-Star Games Monday, June 9th
I was under the impression he was limited in innings and AB's while he pitched until the Ryle game. Your more in the loop at Dixie and clear up any bad info I received. The good thing King had scouts coming to watch him pitch and heard he touched 89 mph infront of the UC and Dodgers scout. Hopefully you can confirm that one also. Thanks
-
NKY Jr/Sr All-Star Games Monday, June 9th
I think what hurt King was the team was a 3rd into the season before Maxwell realized what he had. A incredible comeback story. I would put Ganns at 1st or Ross pitcher only. Ross because I think he was under .400 avg for the regular season and King had more wins than Ganns. I thought POY was between King, Combs and Ganns. We all probably all gave this much more thought than the coaches, lol
-
Simon Kenton/Southwestern Predictions June 2nd 6pm
SK wins 2-1
-
Simon Kenton/Southwestern Predictions June 2nd 6pm
SK takes a 2-0 lead after 2 innings
-
State Tournament
Happy to announce we will be broadcasting the Conner/Boyd Co. Baseball in Lex. A One Pallet Dist. Is our Title sponsor. @Conner_Baseball, TriStateIntsptsRaido
-
NKY Jr/Sr All-Star Games Monday, June 9th
This is my understanding. There is a NKY junior and senior all-star team which plays at Dixie June 9th. NKY All-star teams(senior team and a junior and sophomore team) which will complete in east-west all-star games June 17th for seniors and June 18th for the junior-sophomore team at Dunbar. There is also another all-state team? Congratulations to Trey Ganns NKY D1 Player of the Year and to Jason Suchanek D2 Player of the Year. In the Kentucky Enquirer it is under 'Banner year for TMC sports'. Does anyone have more info on the East-West All-star games?
-
NKY Jr/Sr All-Star Games Monday, June 9th
Could someone post a link, I can't find it.
-
How Many Pitches Are Too Many?
They call the 130th pitch the 'Tommy John' pitch. What I have seen is next year the kid will have no increase in velocity and more than likely a decrease. As the ligaments stretch and are damaged there can be control issues. Some of us had been at the field while a pitcher is rolling through batters and grabs his elbow as says, "I heard a pop". Younger kids rip off or fracture the growth plate, catch it in time no need for screws and he can pitch again, the more mature players damage the ligament which leads to Tommy John.
-
Umpiring Basics -- Plays at First Base
With the new replay rule you can really see the MLB umps staring down the bag, it doesn't matter if the ball is coming from 3rd, SS, or even a throw from the OF on a caught fly on a returning runner, they're watching the bag and listening. I learned that a while ago, it kept me from making a fool of myself several times coaching 1st. Don't get wrong, I used other opportunities to do that! Lol
-
Conner 4 Boone County 2
Yep, let this one go, Bluetip knows more about the rule book than Billy Graham knows about the Bible, your getting silly. Hopefully these two talented teams meet up again. Great baseball teams. They will both represent the district well in the regional tourney. Good luck!
-
Conner 4 Ryle 0
Downs started. Bellew didn't quit or did he not show up for a game. My guess Ryle went with Downs because of his win over Scott County and Conner had already seen Bellew. Congrats to Conner they played with a lot of confidence.
-
Conner V Ryle Predictions?
Ross, Hart, and Williams against Bellew, Forbes, and Cordrey..... what say you?
-
Boone County 4 Cooper 1
Great crowd for sure. I saw a college scout and a pro scout with their radar guns.... you know the draft isn't far away. Dunn and Ganns both delivered. I don't think the home plate ump was ready for what was coming his way, it took him awhile to establish his zone for both pitchers. It didn't rattle either starter, they just became more committed with each pitch. It took a team effort to win this one, congratulations to the Rebs, but you knew the Jags had a chance for a comeback. A lot of respect between players and fans. Great game.
-
Boone County vs Cooper 33rd District Tourney Game Predictions
Normally I would say it's a no brainer and pick Boone, but on the other hand since the mercy rule loss to Ryle and the 1 run win over CovCath the Jags have been averaging over 10 runs a game over pretty good competition. Boone's scheduled easier but not as productive at the plate. Are the Jags bats going to stay hot? Will Ganns win it at the plate? How many innings will Dunn go? Gonna be a great one!
-
What programs have not lived up to preseason expectations?
Ryle was mentioned as under achieving. I used them as an example, it could be any school. CovCath, Boone, and Dixie start their pitchers in the fall with the new rule change. I may be wrong but I believe Ryle and Cooper start before season tryouts. It only goes to reason bigger schools should have a bigger talent pool. My understanding CovCath has the most extensive off season training program for pitchers. The less runs you give up the less you have to score, pitching should be a major focus of any school.
-
What programs have not lived up to preseason expectations?
I have coached both. Enjoyed winning championships in both travel and knothole. My son started in Knothole along with many other players who started or start on varsity rosters. My son was a ump for knothole while on a travel team. 18 plus players a team with each kid playing 3 innings a week for less than 20 games a season makes it tough for player development in knothole. A travel team can play 5 games a weekend in a tourney along with the weekly schedule. Playing elimination games Friday and Saturday definitely sharpens focus, no one wants to miss championship play.
-
What programs have not lived up to preseason expectations?
Until any program including Ryle takes pitching as seriously as hitting they will always be a contender not a perennial power house. Even the last guy on the roster gets his swings in before every game. They may never see the dish but a team will have 1, 2, or 3 pitchers throw 120 pitches between them. A school the size of Ryle should have a gluttony of pitching and a specific rountine to develop it . Relying on summer ball teams to provide your staff or worse yet knothole, is an iffy proposition especially if you are limited on the the number of pitchers a given season.