Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach of Year in 14th

Featured Replies

What do you think? I say Danny Wright. When you think of where Lee County was (about 10 people at a game vs. Augusta in mid 90's), and where they are now (one of 14th Region favorites) I say he absolutely is deserving.

Wright has certainly built the Bobcats into a contender. And he has grown as a coach over the years. I think if his team makes it the regional championship game he will be rewarded with the coach of the year award. If the Bobcats win it he will be a shoe-in for the award.

I agree Coach Wright has did a good job at Lee. It obviously helps him to have tons of talwnt but he has turned that groupd of boys into arguably the best team in the region. Good Job Coach Wright. Also the Coach at Jackson City has the be considered, he has turned that program around.

Hands down, Coach Wright from Lee County. Not too bad for a guy who wasn't sure he was ready to be Head Coach! :D I'd say he will be getting himself a WELL DESERVED RAISE!! :thumb:

I like Coach Wright. If they win he is a shoe in. I also like the coach at Estill especially if he can get to and win a game or two in the tourney. But as for the year Coach Wright is going to be tough to handle if you strike an unbiased opinion.

I agree Coach Wright has did a good job at Lee. It obviously helps him to have tons of talwnt but he has turned that groupd of boys into arguably the best team in the region. Good Job Coach Wright. Also the Coach at Jackson City has the be considered, he has turned that program around.

Jackson City ended the regular season on a 4 game losing streak. My vote is the Wright one.

:walk:

Lee Co only won 11 games last year and lost their leading scorer and rebounder (T.J. Howard). They were ranked about middle of the pack pre-season.

 

Coach Wright has done a very nice job in molding the individual players into a team. I think that he is into his fourth year at his first coaching position. He gets my vote.

 

I think that Coach Lively at Jackson City has did a fine job but the Tigers have hit a 4 game losing streak. They won 9 games last year and 13 to date this year. With Howard, Fugate and Thompson returning seniors they probably should have won those 13 or more. Not knocking Lively at all- but it does usually take more than one year.

 

Spurlock at Hazard always has his team ready.

What do you think? I say Danny Wright. When you think of where Lee County was (about 10 people at a game vs. Augusta in mid 90's), and where they are now (one of 14th Region favorites) I say he absolutely is deserving.

 

 

He has done a good job. But he has good players to coach. I think Jackson City's coach should get it myself.

He has done a good job. But he has good players to coach. I think Jackson City's coach should get it myself.

Maybe he should, but Jackson has some good players too.

Danny Joe Wright should be the COY of the 14th.

I think Neil Feltner at Knott County has done a great job molding his team this year. He seems to get the most out of his players. I also think Al Holland has done a great job with less talent than he is used to.

I think its about time Hollan has to coach, he's been blessed with great players since PCC started.

  • Author

The only person here that has watched 56th district basketball longer than me is the Professor, maybe. Believe me when I say Lee County basketball was at the bottom. What Coach Wright has done is that he has completely revived interest in basketball, and has got the kids to stick with the program, rather than deciding at some point there is something they would rather do. He has made the team fun to watch, and certainly brings an unmatched passion to the game. His own coaching skills have improved tremendously over the past four years. True, the talent level is up, but would these kids still be around, and would they play has hard, but for Coach Wright?

Hands down, Coach Wright from Lee County. Not too bad for a guy who wasn't sure he was ready to be Head Coach! :D I'd say he will be getting himself a WELL DESERVED RAISE!! :thumb:

 

I completely agree with this but as far as the raise goes....I highly doubt it.....haha :dancingpa

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have returned

Coach Wright without a doubt.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.