News about Luke Maile!

Theoldguy

I don't know what his contract reads out like, but this is great for him financially, potentially. He is locked in to the prorated league minimum for the rest of the year, even if he is sent back down. Good pay for the next 4 months. That is if he isn't making more than that already.

He made about $2k last year prior to his call-up. Rays put him on the 40-man which , I think, means his minimum minor league salary is about $40k.

He'll make about $230k if he's fortunate enough to stay up the rest of the season.

Good gig if you can get it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made about $2k last year prior to his call-up. Rays put him on the 40-man which , I think, means his minimum minor league salary is about $40k.

He'll make about $230k if he's fortunate enough to stay up the rest of the season.

The way Chris Sabo explained it us in our Labor Law class was that once you get called up, you are paid the MLB minimum regardless of whether you stick or not. Now I don't know if the current Collective Bargaining Agreement still has that. I can't imagine that the Player's Union would have let that fall out

The way Chris Sabo explained it us in our Labor Law class was that once you get called up, you are paid the MLB minimum regardless of whether you stick or not. Now I don't know if the current Collective Bargaining Agreement still has that. I can't imagine that the Player's Union would have let that fall out

I have heard that to be the case as well. And with his call up last year I believe he qualified for lifetime health coverage from the MLB (just one day of service qualifies you). Also, once he reaches 43 days of service time, he gets an annual pension plan.

One correction:

Since he has MLB service days the minimum minor league salary is $82k.

I have heard that to be the case as well. And with his call up last year I believe he qualified for lifetime health coverage from the MLB (just one day of service qualifies you). Also, once he reaches 43 days of service time, he gets an annual pension plan.

It takes 10 years of MLB service time to warrant a full pension at age 66.