Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

News about Luke Maile!

Featured Replies

I don't know what his contract reads out like, but this is great for him financially, potentially. He is locked in to the prorated league minimum for the rest of the year, even if he is sent back down. Good pay for the next 4 months. That is if he isn't making more than that already.

 

He made about $2k last year prior to his call-up. Rays put him on the 40-man which , I think, means his minimum minor league salary is about $40k.

 

He'll make about $230k if he's fortunate enough to stay up the rest of the season.

 

Good gig if you can get it.

  • Replies 317
  • Views 84.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He made about $2k last year prior to his call-up. Rays put him on the 40-man which , I think, means his minimum minor league salary is about $40k.

 

He'll make about $230k if he's fortunate enough to stay up the rest of the season.

 

Good gig if you can get it.

 

The way Chris Sabo explained it us in our Labor Law class was that once you get called up, you are paid the MLB minimum regardless of whether you stick or not. Now I don't know if the current Collective Bargaining Agreement still has that. I can't imagine that the Player's Union would have let that fall out

The way Chris Sabo explained it us in our Labor Law class was that once you get called up, you are paid the MLB minimum regardless of whether you stick or not. Now I don't know if the current Collective Bargaining Agreement still has that. I can't imagine that the Player's Union would have let that fall out

 

I have heard that to be the case as well. And with his call up last year I believe he qualified for lifetime health coverage from the MLB (just one day of service qualifies you). Also, once he reaches 43 days of service time, he gets an annual pension plan.

He made about $2k last year prior to his call-up. Rays put him on the 40-man which , I think, means his minimum minor league salary is about $40k.

 

He'll make about $230k if he's fortunate enough to stay up the rest of the season.

 

Good gig if you can get it.

 

One correction:

 

Since he has MLB service days the minimum minor league salary is $82k.

I have heard that to be the case as well. And with his call up last year I believe he qualified for lifetime health coverage from the MLB (just one day of service qualifies you). Also, once he reaches 43 days of service time, he gets an annual pension plan.

 

It takes 10 years of MLB service time to warrant a full pension at age 66.

It takes 10 years of MLB service time to warrant a full pension at age 66.

 

10 years for the full pension yes (I believe it's $100k annually)

43 days to earn the minimum pension ($34k annually)

10 years for the full pension yes (I believe it's $100k annually)

43 days to earn the minimum pension ($34k annually)

 

My guess is Luke has about 30 days thus far.

GM making it sound like Luke will be the primary catcher for a while.

Luke off to a 2-2 start with an RBI for the Rays tonight!!

Luke off to a 2-2 start with an RBI for the Rays tonight!!

 

I was hoping I could buy a single game on MLB TV but ....

 

Thrilled for Luke.

Luke doubled in his first AB tonite.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.