News about Luke Maile!

Theoldguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Totally unsure of what happened, but..I know sometimes pitchers are told they HAVE to hit a batter. In fact, they get in trouble if they're told and they don't. Wonder if it was similar in this case except with the catcher. Completely bizarre move. Never seen anything like it.

Rooting for Luke. Tough system to be in as a catcher...I actually think he could be trade bait which would probably not be upsetting to him at all. Casali, O'Conner (who I think is the top prospect), another young guy Ciuffo I think, and then they keep signing...Luke knows how to turn it on when he needs to so he will be successful. Can't wait to see what happens!

Totally unsure of what happened, but..I know sometimes pitchers are told they HAVE to hit a batter. In fact, they get in trouble if they're told and they don't. Wonder if it was similar in this case except with the catcher. Completely bizarre move. Never seen anything like it.

Rooting for Luke. Tough system to be in as a catcher...I actually think he could be trade bait which would probably not be upsetting to him at all. Casali, O'Conner (who I think is the top prospect), another young guy Ciuffo I think, and then they keep signing...Luke knows how to turn it on when he needs to so he will be successful. Can't wait to see what happens!

Agree that TB may not be where he ends up at the MLB level.

Luke does have the most PAs of the 3 catchers at AAA this year.

Every day is a chance to be seen by your team as well as the scouts from other teams.

Check out this play where Luke gets nailed by the catcher's throw. Completely intentional play by the catcher. No catcher throws like that. Punk move.

Video Highlights & Clips - MiLB | Quintero nails the batter in the gut on throw - Video | MiLB.com Multimedia | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

1) I like how the caption on the video says 'Adam Maile'

2) That is a punk move through and through. No need for that.

3) Trying to argue interference on that is absurd.

Pretty pitiful umpire.

Agree with all the above. Biggest punk move (and proof it was a punk move) is how the catcher immediately walks away. Scared to stand there and back up what he just did.

Good luck to Luke! At AAA, you are one injury to a big league roster catcher away from making it to the show. It could happen at any time.

Check out this play where Luke gets nailed by the catcher's throw. Completely intentional play by the catcher. No catcher throws like that. Punk move.

Video Highlights & Clips - MiLB | Quintero nails the batter in the gut on throw - Video | MiLB.com Multimedia | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Pretty sure the catcher was Humberto Quintero, who I believe has plenty of major league experience...

No way the catcher was told to hit Luke. My guess is The catcher knew he had no chance of throwing the runner out, so he figured he'd try to draw an interference call. He didn't want to plug Maile in the face, so he drops his arm slot and throws the ball into Luke's gut. I've seen this before, and it's a complete bush move.

Agree with all the above. Biggest punk move (and proof it was a punk move) is how the catcher immediately walks away. Scared to stand there and back up what he just did.

Good luck to Luke! At AAA, you are one injury to a big league roster catcher away from making it to the show. It could happen at any time.

The Paw Sox now have two of the All time punk moves invovling a catcher.