News about Luke Maile!

Theoldguy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my issue of Baseball America today. BA rates Luke as #26 in their Tampa Rays Top 30 prospect ranking. Ranked as the #3 catching prospect in the organization. Will go to big league camp and hopefully will earn an assignment to AAA Durham to start the year.

Received my issue of Baseball America today. BA rates Luke as #26 in their Tampa Rays Top 30 prospect ranking. Ranked as the #3 catching prospect in the organization. Will go to big league camp and hopefully will earn an assignment to AAA Durham to start the year.

:thumb:

They are really high on him. His defense has improved dramatically since joining the organization plus he has hit pretty well.

My guess is he'll play AAA this year but you never know what might happen. Very few players have the mental side like Luke does. I always harken back to a conversation I had with him when he was about 9 years old. I was standing with some other adults and he was talking baseball with us. When he left we all said "Was that a 9 year old educating us on baseball?"

That's important at the catcher position.

Nice future.

• 3 weeks later...