February 5, 201511 yr The Rays measure that as well and Luke graded very high. They're very good with advanced metrics.......wouldn't surprise me if BP tapped them for help with measuring. :sssh:
February 6, 201511 yr Pulling for Luke, but he's got Curt Casali in front of him, again. Curt spent some time up with the big league team last year and probably would get the first call from Durham. Never can tell, though.
February 7, 201511 yr Received my issue of Baseball America today. BA rates Luke as #26 in their Tampa Rays Top 30 prospect ranking. Ranked as the #3 catching prospect in the organization. Will go to big league camp and hopefully will earn an assignment to AAA Durham to start the year.
February 7, 201511 yr Received my issue of Baseball America today. BA rates Luke as #26 in their Tampa Rays Top 30 prospect ranking. Ranked as the #3 catching prospect in the organization. Will go to big league camp and hopefully will earn an assignment to AAA Durham to start the year. :thumb:
February 8, 201511 yr Ft. Thomas is rooting for Luke...:thumb: Great kid from great family that gets it
February 8, 201511 yr They are really high on him. His defense has improved dramatically since joining the organization plus he has hit pretty well. My guess is he'll play AAA this year but you never know what might happen. Very few players have the mental side like Luke does. I always harken back to a conversation I had with him when he was about 9 years old. I was standing with some other adults and he was talking baseball with us. When he left we all said "Was that a 9 year old educating us on baseball?" That's important at the catcher position. Nice future.
March 10, 201511 yr Luke got in today against the NYY. I saw a pretty cool pic of Luke behind the plate with ARod batting.
March 10, 201511 yr Luke got in today against the NYY. I saw a pretty cool pic of Luke behind the plate with ARod batting. Luke came an inch away from going deep. Ended up with a 2-bagger.
March 10, 201511 yr Luke came an inch away from going deep. Ended up with a 2-bagger. Heard that. Replay is on MLB at midnight tonight. DVR set. Excited for the kid.
March 10, 201511 yr Heard that. Replay is on MLB at midnight tonight. DVR set. Excited for the kid. I was typing the exact same message to you.
March 10, 201511 yr Impressive young man. I'm sure his family is very proud as is all of us who follow KY sports.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.