News about Luke Maile!

Theoldguy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durham lost the championship in the final game of the series. Luke got the start behind the dish in , I think, 3 games including the championship game. Had key RBIs in a few games.

I'd say it's fair to say 2014 was a very successful year for Luke.

Off to Arizona.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to mention, I was reading an article on Baseball Prospectus this morning. They have a few new ways they are attempting to measure a catcher's "framing ability" with regards to getting strikes called at a higher rate than average. Maile graded out as a top 3 catcher in AA, only one behind the second place finisher. There was one guy that graded waaaaay above 2nd and 3rd. So not only is he hitting well, he's grading out very well in at least one defensive aspect of catching.

Just wanted to mention' date=' I was reading an article on Baseball Prospectus this morning. They have a few new ways they are attempting to measure a catcher's "framing ability" with regards to getting strikes called at a higher rate than average. Maile graded out as a top 3 catcher in AA, only one behind the second place finisher. There was one guy that graded waaaaay above 2nd and 3rd. So not only is he hitting well, he's grading out very well in at least one defensive aspect of catching.[/quote']

The Rays measure that as well and Luke graded very high.