Brandon Phillips

Right, because there has been one better 2nd basemen in the Red's history and Morgan just may be the best 2nd basemen of all time, yet a ton of Red's fans don't like Phillips because he's flashy and show boats. That makes me :lol:

Phillips is easily more loved by Reds fans than Freel ever was.

Most Reds fans that understand baseball realize it makes more sense to the success of the team (especially long-term) to move him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillips is easily more loved by Reds fans than Freel ever was.

Most Reds fans that understand baseball realize it makes more sense to the success of the team (especially long-term) to move him.

Contractually probably so, but the majority of people who complain about him never reference this. It's that he's selfish, shows off, is a me guy, etc. It gets old, Cincinnait fans hated Corey Dillon as well for similar reasons, never mind the fact that he was at that time probably the best RB they'd ever had.

No one wanted to run Brandon out of town. He's done that himself.

For what? Putting up more than solid numbers and playing great defense? Baseball is business and if he answers a question about the business side of it fans all of a sudden don't like him no matter what he's done on the field or off of it for that matter. I'm sure when the Red's do decide to part ways with him it will be a business decision and one that he can't have any say over. I see nothing he's done for fans to be upset with him over.

For what? Putting up more than solid numbers and playing great defense? Baseball is business and if he answers a question about the business side of it fans all of a sudden don't like him no matter what he's done on the field or off of it for that matter. I'm sure when the Red's do decide to part ways with him it will be a business decision and one that he can't have any say over. I see nothing he's done for fans to be upset with him over.

Then you've been asleep. Phillips has dug himself a mighty hole with teammates and management.

The bolded is HIGHLY debatable.

League average OBP: .320

BP's career OBP: .320

League average OPS: .730

BP's career OPS: .749

League average WAR: 2+

BP WAR: 1.7+

2013 League average BA: .253

BP's 2013 BA: .261

The bolded is HIGHLY debatable.

League average OBP: .320

BP's career OBP: .320

League average OPS: .730

BP's career OPS: .749

League average WAR: 2+

BP WAR: 1.7+

2013 League average BA: .253

BP's 2013 BA: .261

And the best defensive second baseman I have seen in years.

His contract certainly is an issue but how is that his fault?

Obviously BP is an all timer as far as defense. Do people still think he's going to be the best or even top 3-5 3 and 4 years from now? I don't think he's top 3-5 right now let alone in a few years.

What 5 2nd basemen do you rater higher than BP defensively?

Obviously BP is an all timer as far as defense. Do people still think he's going to be the best or even top 3-5 3 and 4 years from now? I don't think he's top 3-5 right now let alone in a few years.

I think you're mistaken. However, that's never been a revelation.

Perhaps. And if true, and he's still atop the heap defensively, how far above his colleagues was he before?

Look, really, I don't mind BP the player. And I don't have the inside info some on here have with regard to his locker room presence/distraction. So I take that as truth considering the sources. There are a lot of things I dislike about him the person. But I also disliked several people on teams I root for. The bottom line in many sports is how you perform between the lines. Baseball is such a saga of a season, I think it's the exception when it comes to chemistry. And BP crossed the line with the hand that feeds him, so assuming the reports are correct and he's gone, I wish him well. But I won't miss him jog to first. I won't miss his snide remarks in social media.