Brandon Phillips

What 5 2nd basemen do you rater higher than BP defensively?

I think he's probably right around 4th or 5th he might be 3rd, but I haven't thought about it too deeply. I think Pedroia and Barney are better right now off the top of my head. I don't have a problem admitting he has declined some defensively. He's still great though no matter how it's sliced. The point was isn't he going to continue to decline?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1m

NL source: before yanks turned down phillips-for-gardner bid, phillips asked to re-open his contract (add $) to agree to deal

Expand

Wow...

Hahahaha you cant make this stuff up. What a tool

Hahahaha you cant make this stuff up. What a tool

How does that make him a "tool?" It's all about leverage. He asked for something. Reds said no to adding more to his contract. Players make contract demands all of the time. Hardly makes one a "tool."

How does that make him a "tool?" It's all about leverage. He asked for something. Reds said no to adding more to his contract. Players make contract demands all of the time. Hardly makes one a "tool."

Sounds like he was a tool prior to the contract talk.

Like you said he has all the leverage. Yanks on his no trade list so he said pay me more or I won't do it and sounds like the Yanks balked at that. Someone is still upset about the Votto contract.