Urban Meyer Says He Won't Suspend Any Ejected Players For The Michigan State Game

JokersWild24

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some excerpts from an Urban Meyer interview earlier in the year:

Although Hyde isn't being charged with any crime at this time, he "didn't walk away" from the scene, which led to the punishment.

Meyer isn't talking only to media members about the off-field problems. He held a team meeting the Monday after the weekend in question, and has urged players to stay out of trouble as the season approaches. "The message has been sent," Meyer said. "It's been sent pretty powerfully."

He added that high-profile college football players must live with stricter consequences when they make mistakes.

"If you don't have leaders, it shows up. I think we addressed it, hit it at the right time."

OSU's Meyer: 'The message has been sent' - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Yep Urban, you are 100% correct, if you don't have leaders, it sure shows up.

“I have a clear set of core values in place that members of this football program are constantly reminded of and are expected to honor,” Meyer said in the school's release. “There are also expectations with regard to behavior. I expect our players to conduct themselves responsibly and appropriately and they will be held accountable for their actions.”

"Swift, effective and fair discipline is the standard for our entire athletics program,” Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith said in the statement. “I applaud Coach Meyer for his immediate actions.”

Urban Meyer announces discipline for four Ohio State players - ESPN

Guy flips off the crowd and he's compared to a murderer lol. Two OSU players threw punches and were rightfully ejected, yet people want more, its a rivalry game. Man the OSU jealousy pays for Bandwith on this board lol. That model QB at FSU isn't spoken of much though. Glad people on here don't have daughters like I do.

:thumb::thumb: Exactly, very well said JA. Personally, I would have suspended the lineman that flipped off the crowd. Was an emotional reaction and God only knows what the fans up north were saying, yelling to him along with probably throwing drinks, etc. down from the fans bleachers up north. Anyway that did look bad on the university and If I were coach, I would probably suspend him for the MSU game only, have him playing in the NC Game. ;) Beside, although that move would take out a starter if anyone noticed his replacement was just as good of not better, tOSU line didn't miss a thing.

As for the other payer ejected, no way do I suspend the guy. He was being punched as well as he was throwing them and a I would not punish the kid any further for defending himself. He was ejected, should have been. end of story. No suspension needed.

What about the Michigan guy who ripped off Dontre Wilsons helmet who wasn't even ejected.... or are you choosing to block that out?
Again, good point. Of course, UM players were completely innocent, only those awful OSU players and coach are the bad guys, didn't you know that ?? :lol2: As I said earlier the player was ejected, no argument there. I don't suspend one of my players for defending himself, fighting back.

Anyone genuinely surprised? Don't hold your breath on B1G officials doing. Only shot their worthless conference has at NC's. I'm sure if the going gets tough, UM will get a headache and take some time off. He's a joke
Here is just one example of what imo most if not all this is all about. As for am I surprised, heck no I am not. The OSU hating is so predictable on here that its laughable.

I m sure that "the going" hasn't been too bad....24 games in a row, 24 ! Hopefully the season will end with 26 , a Big10 AND National Championship :D . No, I am not predicting anything, just saying that most of the comments on here are nothing but afraid that tOSU just may be in the NC game....period.

.......................................................................................................................................

Had this had been Stoops / U.K. for example (and btw I am also a U.K. football / Stoops fan) - I could predict it now. "oh, that was just frustration coming out from a player after a long season, was a rivalry game and emotion were high. Frustration makes people act out negative, Stoops understands that, no need for anything more. Besides.....why didn't that awful UT coach control his players"

So, Should anyone want to all of a sudden be the moral authority on how all coaches (emphasis on all, not just one that you are obvious bias against), go out and get an NCAA coaching job, have your team consistently at the top of the ratings, high profile and run it like you want to.

Edited by oldrambler

Some excerpts from an Urban Meyer interview earlier in the year:

Although Hyde isn't being charged with any crime at this time, he "didn't walk away" from the scene, which led to the punishment.

Meyer isn't talking only to media members about the off-field problems. He held a team meeting the Monday after the weekend in question, and has urged players to stay out of trouble as the season approaches. "The message has been sent," Meyer said. "It's been sent pretty powerfully."

He added that high-profile college football players must live with stricter consequences when they make mistakes.

"If you don't have leaders, it shows up. I think we addressed it, hit it at the right time."

OSU's Meyer: 'The message has been sent' - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Yep Urban, you are 100% correct, if you don't have leaders, it sure shows up.

Meyer's a tool, everyone knows it so this shouldn't surprise anyone. Big Ten pride. Riiiiight.

The only compLete joke are the sad individuals who post any SEC loss or comment on the loss with the same tired "love seeing this".

Which is almost as tired as SEC homers thumping their chests about beating up on each other... It goes both ways.

I agree. Posters like JA give the rational Bucks fans bad names.

You bored UK football fans sure make a name for OSU on this board. OSU is the most powerful talked about football team on this board, at least the most relevant team who isn't 5 years away anyway. Troll on...

You bored UK football fans sure make a name for OSU on this board. OSU is the most powerful talked about football team on this board, at least the most relevant team who isn't 5 years away anyway. Troll on...

:lol2: You really are clueless. You keep calling me a UK football fan, as if by constantly calling me that, I'll somehow become one?

The only troll on this board is you. Constantly taking outlandish shots at UofL (and other programs) while painting the Buckeyes as choir boys.

:lol2: You really are clueless. You keep calling me a UK football fan' date=' as if by constantly calling me that, I'll somehow become one? The only troll on this board is you. Constantly taking outlandish shots at UofL (and other programs) while painting the Buckeyes as choir boys.[/quote']

Well when they win their first SEC game in 3 years next year maybe you will be back on board. And who doesn't take shots at UL and Pitino? Am I really the only one? Come back to reality sir. I do my best to respect the leader of the UL fanbase, Deuce but UL has become a circus recently.

Well when they win their first SEC game in 3 years next year maybe you will be back on board. And who doesn't take shots at UL and Pitino? Am I really the only one? Come back to reality sir. I do my best to respect the leader of the UL fanbase, Deuce but UL has become a circus recently.

You really don't get it do you? When have I ever been a UK football fan? Please, enlighten me on that?