Broadway Shows... You'd Be Surprised

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that's a lot of money, but trust me, it is totally worth it. I've never been to a Broadway show that I didn't enjoy. And the story is only part of it. The production and music will blow you away.

No it's cool. We are saving in other areas that will help offset the show ticket price. Excited!

I LOVE sports.

But I would MUCH rather spend that kind of money on a really good Broadway performance than sweet tickets to a game.

My UK tix were $106.00 per seat. I was able to get in the back door before they went on sale being a Amex card member. I am not really complaining about the show price. It's not like we do it 3-4 times a year. It's all good!

Heading to NYC Dec 1 for the UK/Providence Basketball game. We are thinking about a show on Sat. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Never been to NYC.....

You act like you don't have a Top 5 to see already. Question is, will the live show live up to your hopes and dreams?

No it's cool. We are saving in other areas that will help offset the show ticket price. Excited!

Just an FYI, much like sports games, the concessions are high! I have a plain cup with the theater name at home that I've had since our last trip to New York. It is probably 10 oz. and I bought a coke in it. Cost me $8!

Might want to try Spamalot.

I've wanted to see that when I was in New York, but the wife.....(don't hold it against her) isn't a Monty Python fan.....I know right?!?!?!?!

I do want to see Jersey Boys really bad, they are actually in the process of making the movie Jersey Boys so I guess I will see it when it comes out.

Heading to NYC Dec 1 for the UK/Providence Basketball game. We are thinking about a show on Sat. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Never been to NYC.....

Wow, you're first time. You will love it!!!

Ok, here is what I suggest for your first time. First it really depends on how long you will be there.

If you are there a week, there is a ton you can do. First off go online to the Late Show with David Letterman and apply for tickets. What they will do is call you on the phone and you have to answer a triva question about the show, if you get it right you get tickets. We did it months before we went and got in.

Second, if the wife likes the Kelli and Regis, or now Kelli and Strahan show, you can go online and get tickets anytime, I went when Regis was still there and the wife went to see the View (barf right?!)

Then if you want to see a Broadway show, I hear Jersey Boys is awesome!!!! Go online and get tickets ahead of time, you may save money plus a lot of the shows sell out.

You will have a blast!!!!

I'm jealous.

Love plays and love the opera.

Major produtions I've seen:

Wicked

Miss Saigon

Rent

Phantom of the Opera

The Music Man

Cats

La Cage aux Folles

Chicago

The Lion King

Jeckyl and Hyde

Thoroughly Modern Millie

Jersy Boys

Grease

Operas:

La Boheme

La Traviata

Madama Butterfly

Rigoletto

Pagliacci

Porgy and Bess

Carmen

The Pirates of Penzance

I've also been to the Moulin Rouge is Paris a couple of times.

Edited by coldweatherfan

This is how I would rank the musicals I've seen so far:

1. Les Mis -- The BEST! I loved everything about it...except the fact that Samantha Barks wasn't in the touring company. :cool:

2. Wicked -- My second favorite. A great story and great music.

3. Million Dollar Quartet -- This one was all about the music and really had no plot to speak of. Still, it was a good time.

4. West Side Story -- I think having grown up with the TV version made this one seem a little old hat. Interestingly, they chose to do much of the dialogue in Spanish and it still worked.

5. Ghost -- Saw this Sunday night. Not impressed, although the production effects were pretty cool.

The Book of Mormon is the next in line. And Phantom is coming up.

Cinderella is very good. I want to see Lion King. If you like Abba I think Mamma Mia is still playing at the WinterGarden. All the theaters are in easy walking distance around Times Square. New York is an amazing place. On a side note there are some amazing places to eat there as well. A places called the Ellen's Stardust diner is a must. The wait staff are all aspiring musical actors and they sing show tunes. They did an amazing version of One Day More from Les Mis while I was there.

Edited by All Tell

I've seen: (all in Louisville unless indicated)

Wicked (9 times, Lou., Indy, San Antonio, NY, Jacksonville)

Les Mis (3 times Lou. & Indy)

Phantom (4 times)

Miss Saigon (Twice)

Rock of Ages (Lou. & Vegas in June)

Annie

Grease

Mary Poppins

Beauty and the Beast

Shrek

Flashdance

Jersey Boys

Will Rodgers Follys

Chicago

Cats

And likely others that I'm forgetting.

Seeing Addams Family on the 20th and will see Book of Mormon when it's in Louisville.

For a sports based board there is a fair amount of theater goers here. That's awesome.

Edited by All Tell