Baseball slang

If your the ace of the staff, you need good cheese. Throw the cutter, uncle Charlie, the Yakker, the backdoor slider, brushback, chin music, high and tight and do this while painting the black from the hill or the bump. Your looking for a punch out or a whiff and what ever you do don't throw the gopher ball, urine ball or the meatball. Then hand it over to the set up man or the fireman so he can nail it down. You usually have someone on the hot corner who can pick it and flash the leather. They sometimes make a circus catch or have a can of corn then throw it around the horn. As a batter you want to hit one on the screws into the alley or hit a frozen rope on the sweet spot. If you hit a dinger or moon shot you get a ribbie or a ribeye steak and get to touch'em all. Your looking for a pitch in your wheel house while your at the dish. You don't want a seeing eye single or a Texas leaguer but you'll take it so your average don't fall below the Mendoza line and never and I mean never hit into the twin killing.

Don't you work? HA

Baseball fields used to be laid out with the plate oriented towards the west. A left handed pitcher would then be facing left, or to the south.

Actually, just the opposite. From the practice in baseball of arranging the diamond with the batter facing EAST to avoid the afternoon sun. A left-handed pitcher facing WEST would therefore have his pitching arm toward the south of the diamond. Hence, southpaw.

Baseball fields used to be laid out with the plate oriented towards the west. A left handed pitcher would then be facing left, or to the south.

After reading your comment again, I think I misunderstood what you meant. You are accurate. Mea Culpa!

• 5 months later...
If your the ace of the staff, you need good cheese. Throw the cutter, uncle Charlie, the Yakker, the backdoor slider, brushback, chin music, high and tight and do this while painting the black from the hill or the bump. Your looking for a punch out or a whiff and what ever you do don't throw the gopher ball, urine ball or the meatball. Then hand it over to the set up man or the fireman so he can nail it down. You usually have someone on the hot corner who can pick it and flash the leather. They sometimes make a circus catch or have a can of corn then throw it around the horn. As a batter you want to hit one on the screws into the alley or hit a frozen rope on the sweet spot. If you hit a dinger or moon shot you get a ribbie or a ribeye steak and get to touch'em all. Your looking for a pitch in your wheel house while your at the dish. You don't want a seeing eye single or a Texas leaguer but you'll take it so your average don't fall below the Mendoza line and never and I mean never hit into the twin killing.

I was talking about this post with your wife saying it is the best post EVER!

take that cheeseburger = get hit by a pitch

An old Boone County coach years ago would buy a player a cheeseburger for each time they got hit.

Improper Benefits!!! Launch the investigation! :)

Some of my favorites:

Buzzing the tower

Punch and Judy hitter

• 1 month later...
I always thought it was because the infield from first to third looked like going around a horn in sailing a boat.

Basically , yes.

Before the Panama Canal opened ships had to go around Cape Horn to get to their destination.