Winner of 38th District to host 10th Region boys tournament?

And like I've said on here before; when I win the lottery one of the first things I'm going to do is build a gym in the geographical center of the 10th region and the regional tournament will be held there every year!

I wonder where that would be? Piqua?

I'm merely playing the devil's advocate here. I am a former coach and athletic director. Personally, I would like to see the Regional Tournament at Mason County every year, though Harrison County would be much more centrally located for the entire region. Harrison County could handle all the first round games, as could many other schools in the region. Could probably handle split session semis as well. Finals would be a different story. You never want to turn people away. Which is my exact point with Pendleton County hosting the 38th District Tournament. They could handle some games in the tournament, but not big games that draw lots of people....unless people choose not to come, thinking they won't be able to get in.

When the tourney is at Mason the total attendence is has been between 11 to 12 thousand with the lowest being 8800. It cannot be held at other places other than the gyms holding it now. At Montgomery in 2008 attendence was 9584 and 2012 attendence was 4849. At BOK in 2009 attendence was 11183. The participating schools recieved the lowest payout since 2000. The tourney has made enough money to pay non-participating in in every year except 03, 07, 08, 19 and 2012. The tourney has never made enough money to pay non-participating schools when played somewhere other than Mason and two years Mason never even made enough.

Is this whole thread a round about ways of criticizing Pendleton for wanting to host the district? Obviously the hypothetical scenario of regions wouldn't happen. There would be thousands turned away. Nicholas County last year I would venture to say that every crowd could have fit in Pendleton's gym. It was not overly crowded and I had a lot of room to stretch out in the upper deck. I could definitely be wrong on that but that's the feeling I get.

I'm merely playing the devil's advocate here. I am a former coach and athletic director. Personally, I would like to see the Regional Tournament at Mason County every year, though Harrison County would be much more centrally located for the entire region. Harrison County could handle all the first round games, as could many other schools in the region. Could probably handle split session semis as well. Finals would be a different story. You never want to turn people away. Which is my exact point with Pendleton County hosting the 38th District Tournament. They could handle some games in the tournament, but not big games that draw lots of people....unless people choose not to come, thinking they won't be able to get in.

I dissagree! Mason has had the region handed to them on a silver platter for years. It wasnt until just a few years ago that the region was moved to a different gym. There is way too much riding on this tourney for a team to have home court advantage every year. Thank God the powers woke up and made them move it from time to time. I think the 10th should be played at NKU every year. Everyone would be even from the start, no matter how far the teams and fans had to travel. Its just fair!

I dissagree! Mason has had the region handed to them on a silver platter for years. It wasnt until just a few years ago that the region was moved to a different gym. There is way too much riding on this tourney for a team to have home court advantage every year. Thank God the powers woke up and made them move it from time to time. I think the 10th should be played at NKU every year. Everyone would be even from the start, no matter how far the teams and fans had to travel. Its just fair!

Absolutely! If you host the region every year I would say your chances of doing well go way up. I'm for a neutral site every year!

Lets keep in mind Mason County had the only facility that could host the crowds for this tournament until the last few years..............................the "powers" had every ability to play other places but kept it at the fieldhouse. Financially the entire region was huge beneficiaries.

Lets keep in mind Mason County had the only facility that could host the crowds for this tournament until the last few years..............................the "powers" had every ability to play other places but kept it at the fieldhouse. Financially the entire region was huge beneficiaries.

I understand about the finances, but it still gave the edge to Mason every year!

When the tourney is at Mason the total attendence is has been between 11 to 12 thousand with the lowest being 8800. It cannot be held at other places other than the gyms holding it now. At Montgomery in 2008 attendence was 9584 and 2012 attendence was 4849. At BOK in 2009 attendence was 11183. The participating schools recieved the lowest payout since 2000. The tourney has made enough money to pay non-participating in in every year except 03, 07, 08, 19 and 2012. The tourney has never made enough money to pay non-participating schools when played somewhere other than Mason and two years Mason never even made enough.

Based on this logic then we should move the sweet 16 from Rupp. It clearly has higher operating costs thus resulting in lower payouts to the KHSAA. Bottom line, kids love playing in these college arenas and thats where they should be if they have the opportunity. Kids still talk about playing at BOK in 2009. The Fieldhouse, Henry County and several others have really passed their prime. Ask any major sports franchise and they would love to get rid of their old facilities. Players want to be in the newer facilities as well.