Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Winner of 38th District to host 10th Region boys tournament?

Featured Replies

The 38th District decided today to allow all schools (Harrison, Pendleton, Robertson and Nicholas Countys) to host the boys and girls tournaments over the next four years. This year Harrison will host. In the 38th, Harrison and Nicholas have facilities that can easily host. I haven't seen Robertson County's new gym, so can't comment on them. In my opinion, Pendleton County doesn't have the seating capacity to handle a championship game-type crowd. I am all for sharing the wealth, when it comes to comparable facilities. No ill will toward PC, just don't think their gym is big enough. Now if the 38th District has any collective intestinal fortitude, the next time they get to determine the 10th Region host site, they'll opt to have it in the gym of the 38th District winner. I would love to hear the repercussions if any of the four schools in the 38th were to host that tournament.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • For boys, the last time Harrison County hosted the 10th Region tournament was in 1964. I don't know about hosting the girls tournament.   FWIW, Harrison County was a steady host of regionals durin

Can you concisely explain this again?

  • Author

In 2014 Pendleton will host, 2015-Robertson will host, 2016-Nicholas will host, 2017-Harrison hosts. My point, if the size of the facility is not an issue in the District Tournament, why should it be in the Regional? In the 10th Region, each of the four districts has the opportunity to designate the host site for the Regional. In the past, the 37th (Northern Ky. schools) opted to have tournament at NKU, the 38th has opted for Mason Co., the 39th chooses Mason Co. and the 40th has chosen Montgomery Co. When it's the 38ths turn again, next year I think, the schools COULD opt to have the tournament anywhere they choose. It appears facility size isn't a priority for them, so why not have the tournament at the school that wins the 38th District Tournament?

Does anyone have a list of gym capacity for the 38th teams...khsaa doesn't have them listed.

Does anyone have a list of gym capacity for the 38th teams...khsaa doesn't have them listed.

 

Harrison Co is 2400ish. I'll check the others and post shortly.

Harrison Co is 2400ish. I'll check the others and post shortly.

 

Robertson is 1400-1500. Pendleton is 1500 according to Fire Marshall.

Robertson is 1400-1500. Pendleton is 1500 according to Fire Marshall.

 

And Nicholas Co can't seat more than 2400.

I smell a disaster.....

Robertson is 1400-1500. Pendleton is 1500 according to Fire Marshall.

 

Fire Marshall Bill?

And Nicholas Co can't seat more than 2400.

I smell a disaster.....

 

Why?

Considering the 10th Region splits sessions at Mason County's Fieldhouse, I can't imagine a situation where a one game regional tournament crowd would fit in some the listed gyms.

Considering the 10th Region splits sessions at Mason County's Fieldhouse, I can't imagine a situation where a one game regional tournament crowd would fit in some the listed gyms.

 

Region should be at Fieldhouse, or in a gym that size. I won't dispute that.

Harrison Co is 2400ish. I'll check the others and post shortly.
Didn't Harrison County host the 10th region tournament way back in the day?
Didn't Harrison County host the 10th region tournament way back in the day?

 

For boys, the last time Harrison County hosted the 10th Region tournament was in 1964. I don't know about hosting the girls tournament.

 

FWIW, Harrison County was a steady host of regionals during the '50s and '60s, hosting every year but one from 1951-1964. Paris High hosted in 1953.

 

Until the recent move away from Mason County hosting every year ('08, '09, '12), the only school to host besides Mason County from 1965 on was Clark County in 1969.

No way the 38th tries to host a regional.

 

So we are talking about the possibility of 1000 people being turned away or having to watch on a screen in another gym...this could get interesting.

No way the 38th tries to host a regional.

 

So we are talking about the possibility of 1000 people being turned away or having to watch on a screen in another gym...this could get interesting.

 

Largest one night attendance in the last 4 years is 1101. Next largest was 1001. If you even add another 300 on pass list that's still below PC's capacity...nobody turned away. Nobody watching on a screen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.