Highlands 2013 Frosh

tdyballgame

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd read about Highlands frosh team and I get to read how Covcath and Ryle are gonna be good because their little league team was good. Wow. They've resorted to hanging their hat on freshmen and pewee games. Who cares about varsity as long as you can win the Middle School League.

How is the LaFrange kid progressing as far as growing into his body? Seems to be always getting taller...........

Hopefully he gets his height from his mother's side! Unfortunately, the speed might come from there as well. He did make mention that he ran with the second group as of late, and rumor of a pimple started and the voice is cracking. If he isn't working out for football, he can be found at the armory working on basketball. I would still anticipate more growth. He has been invited to work up on the hill on his game! That should put to rest whether or not you had to be a future Bred to work on your game. A battle of future Breds and Birds took place on the hardwood this past weekend. Great two games and many of the Bred past greats were there.

Hopefully he gets his height from his mother's side! Unfortunately, the speed might come from there as well. He did make mention that he ran with the second group as of late, and rumor of a pimple started and the voice is cracking. If he isn't working out for football, he can be found at the armory working on basketball. I would still anticipate more growth. He has been invited to work up on the hill on his game! That should put to rest whether or not you had to be a future Bred to work on your game. A battle of future Breds and Birds took place on the hardwood this past weekend. Great two games and many of the Bred past greats were there.

How does one get invited to these games on the hill and when are they held? Looking for places to allow my kid to play against some good competition.

Thought I'd read about Highlands frosh team and I get to read how Covcath and Ryle are gonna be good because their little league team was good. Wow. They've resorted to hanging their hat on freshmen and pewee games. Who cares about varsity as long as you can win the Middle School League.

Sorry G1, I did not realize the only relevant feeder program in Northern Kentucky is the one for Highlands. Where would the Highlands program be w/o it? The fact is that CCH, Cooper and Ryle have started their feeder programs and it is only a matter of time before we catch you. There was never anything mentioned about winning the Middle School League and it was clearly stated that our program is strictly developmental.The question was asked when the last time CCH frosh beat Highlands and I did not know that answer. However I do know Ryle is going for their third straight win over Highlands at the frosh level and we are in our third year of our Middle School program.:thumb:

How does one get invited to these games on the hill and when are they held? Looking for places to allow my kid to play against some good competition.

Buy a sign from Vennefron or drop your car off for service at Pangallo's 27, and you might be put on the list.

Sorry G1, I did not realize the only relevant feeder program in Northern Kentucky is the one for Highlands. Where would the Highlands program be w/o it? The fact is that CCH, Cooper and Ryle have started their feeder programs and it is only a matter of time before we catch you. There was never anything mentioned about winning the Middle School League and it was clearly stated that our program is strictly developmental.The question was asked when the last time CCH frosh beat Highlands and I did not know that answer. However I do know Ryle is going for their third straight win over Highlands at the frosh level and we are in our third year of our Middle School program.:thumb:

If the Ryle program is so up and coming why did they drop Highlands from their varsity schedule? Three great classes and they drop the top program in NKY? To be quite honest, they were lucky to win this past years frosh game. Those teams play 10 times and Highlands wins more than they lose IMO, but then again it is only frosh football. Why don't you start a thread on how great Ryle's frosh team will be this year and when combined with the last 2 classes will be a state power in 6A football. Long way to go before they catch up to the Birds and even CovCath for that matter.

Guest Birdflu

Exactly how tall is he?

If the Ryle program is so up and coming why did they drop Highlands from their varsity schedule? Three great classes and they drop the top program in NKY? To be quite honest, they were lucky to win this past years frosh game. Those teams play 10 times and Highlands wins more than they lose IMO, but then again it is only frosh football. Why don't you start a thread on how great Ryle's frosh team will be this year and when combined with the last 2 classes will be a state power in 6A football. Long way to go before they catch up to the Birds and even CovCath for that matter.

Let me guess, Highlands thought it was a scrimmage and played their second team in the second half. :sssh:

When was the last time the Blueboys defeated Highlands at the frosh level?

Not sure when CCH last won but I know Highlands has won every Frosh game played with them the past 9 years (since 2004) going at least 13-0 over that period (they have played twice a year the past 4 years). Don't know about results before 2004.