Highlands 2013 Frosh

tdyballgame

I still think Bradley Greene will attempt to play QB if he can get his arm strength up. His speed with his head smarts and pure athletic ability will elevate his as the starting QB. Now....does he want to play QB? Not sure but he sure did an unbelievable job stepping in and running the "Wildcat" in the FTJFL the last couple of years. The "Wildcat" in my opinion is somewhat very similar to what Mueller runs and you have to have a very fast and athletic QB to do so. And Bradley Greene fits that mold! Once Bradley graduates from St Joe's in Cold Springs he will then finally be able to get into the weight room with the other guys and start hitting it hard. Until then we will have to just wait and see what happens.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Bradley Greene will attempt to play QB if he can get his arm strength up. His speed with his head smarts and pure athletic ability will elevate his as the starting QB. Now....does he want to play QB? Not sure but he sure did an unbelievable job stepping in and running the "Wildcat" in the FTJFL the last couple of years. The "Wildcat" in my opinion is somewhat very similar to what Mueller runs and you have to have a very fast and athletic QB to do so. And Bradley Greene fits that mold! Once Bradley graduates from St Joe's in Cold Springs he will then finally be able to get into the weight room with the other guys and start hitting it hard. Until then we will have to just wait and see what happens.

Totally agree. i'm hoping in has grown a couple inches as some of the other kids are starting too. Several times last year he got in trouble and was able to either get a first down or score just on pure speed while making defenders look foolish.

Spot on! Both Bradley Greene and Luke Meyer will be joining in after the school year is finished and will join Gosney in competition for the QB spot. Most of the boys you would expect to be there are showing up; a couple might need a nudge or two but will find out that titles are won in the offseason. Very hard to see what you have until the pads go on; however I am certain that the SCIT's will work hard! In our household, my son sleeps a lot, the voice is beginning to crack, he is growing like a tree, and there is a rumor of his first pimple LOL

Do Highlands Freshman ONLY play Freshman during the season or do some play junior varsity (or even varsity) if they are good enough?

Just curious.

They play "Frosh" only. A qb may dress for a JV game if needed as nothing more than a backup. All frosh have the opportunity to move up when their season concludes, but none play except for the annual "Lock 'em" in night.

They play "Frosh" only. A qb may dress for a JV game if needed as nothing more than a backup. All frosh have the opportunity to move up when their season concludes, but none play except for the annual "Lock 'em" in night.

Did they not have a kicker playing before this during this past season?

How does this incoming group compare to last years group or to the upcoming Senior class? Not trying to start controversy just checking to see if it is a stellar class or your run of the mill "really good" class.

I doubt that they compare favorably to this years "Senior" group, they were pretty special. As for comparison to last years frosh, someone would have to tell me who they are before I could even attempt to compare. This years frosh did have some strong lineman, one of which played frosh for 2 years.

Did Bo Hebel? That's is the one kid I know that could have do it in the last couple of years. Of course Jared D. kicked varsity.

Bo was not allowed to move up when an 8th grader and last year he did move up at the end of the year, but did not see any action other than in the lockem up night. He will be seeing extensive action this year on the defensive line I would suspect. You talk about someone that is going to help "free" up Seth Hope, Bo is that guy. Teams will have to choose whether to double him or double Seth.

Guest Birdflu
Bo was not allowed to move up when an 8th grader and last year he did move up at the end of the year, but did not see any action other than in the lockem up night. He will be seeing extensive action this year on the defensive line I would suspect. You talk about someone that is going to help "free" up Seth Hope, Bo is that guy. Teams will have to choose whether to double him or double Seth.

How big is Bo Hebel? From what I have read, he will make an impact on the defensive line this year. Combined with Seth Hope, it sounds like Highlands will have some quality size on the defensive line.