Highlands 2013 Frosh

tdyballgame

I saw a lot of talk about the 2013 Freshmen team in another thread. I figured it needed it's own. Btw, I think there is only 4 HHS threads going right now anyway, so we need to keep it at the min of 5 at any given time. Plus it just might add some newbees to the site. I know how those FT people love to talk about themselves.

I will start it with a post from the other thread.

Here you go my friend

Well I really like Jared Pulsfort. I know I'm such a homer.....I really think that Jared could be a unbelievable WR with his height and track speed. He has some very nice hands! One problem, who is going to be able to get the ball to him. I'm sure Nick will figure that out.

Other players......

Carter Burke(LB) The kid will not miss any tackles and can flat out play the game of football. Does a nice job of running the ball too.

Bradley"Lightning in a Bottle" Greene(ATH) I say athlete because he can do anything. And I mean anything!

Cole Murphy(T) Big physical kid. One of the best lineman that my staff and I have had the pleasure to coach.

Luke LaFrange(TE) This kid needs to work on his quickness. Going through a growth spurt. Once he figures that out he will be a very nice addition to any position.

Sam Taylor(DB) A little undersized but will light you up. Very smart player and puts himself into the right space to make plays all over the field.

Herbert Shearer(G) Not sure if he will make it to Ft Thomas to play. Would love to see it but I am not counting on it. He may be the best fundamentally sound lineman that I have seen in our league in quite some time. Can make every single block that is assigned to him. Never misses one!!

Ethan Doty(TE,QB) Hopefully Ethan gives football another shot this year. He was given the chance to pitch baseball at the Highlands JV level this past fall and chose to do so. Very nice size and gifted Athlete.

The Blue team was loaded this past year with only 1 loss and that was to the “The Big Red Machine”…LOL! Blue was very good! The green had some nice players but were a little out manned the entire season. Once again the Gold had some freakishly huge lineman and that will be the key to having some success at the Frosh level. Coach Turner will be very pleased to get this group of lineman across the board in a couple of years.

There are many more great players throughout the league but that’s what I can offer from coaching the 7/8th grade Red Team.

Hopes this helps.....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
They do not participate in spring practice. They should be doing weights right now and then practices get going in earnest right when school lets out for the year.

The 8th grade basketball season finished last night; while a few hit weights on non game nights and some honored coach Vories wishes to not play until after the season, I would expect 9 more at it tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...
I saw a lot of talk about the 2013 Freshmen team in another thread. I figured it needed it's own. Btw, I think there is only 4 HHS threads going right now anyway, so we need to keep it at the min of 5 at any given time. Plus it just might add some newbees to the site. I know how those FT people love to talk about themselves.

I will start it with a post from the other thread.

I hate your school, but man I respect the passion. :lol:

Any updates on this group? How many at weights? Any positions of note?

Most of the 8th graders that didn't make baseball are now back in weight room.

I haven't heard anything about transfers coming in for next year. I'm worried about QB and hoping something might happen here...

Most of the 8th graders that didn't make baseball are now back in weight room.

I haven't heard anything about transfers coming in for next year. I'm worried about QB and hoping something might happen here...

Wasn't Gosney the qb for the CC Red Devils for years?