This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

I can tell you they are extremely tough cases for the police to investigate and first time offenders won't even go before a judge. In other words, huge waste of time from a law enforcement perspective and much better handled by Beechwood, Coach Rash, and the parents.

I'm more concerned with the potential of adult facilitation combined with the specific host who is in a position of authority.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the host, I went to school with Brain Richmond and he was always a stand up, great guy. However, if any parent thinks they are going to gather 30 (or more) high school kids at a weekend party in Fort Mitchell and there isn't going to be any alcohol involved I really have to question their judgment. And Brian is an attorney and a really smart guy. In my opinion, Brian made a mistake here. We all make them though...

I can tell you they are extremely tough cases for the police to investigate and first time offenders won't even go before a judge. In other words, huge waste of time from a law enforcement perspective and much better handled by Beechwood, Coach Rash, and the parents.

Agree - 1st offence (and 2nd) would be deferred away from courts for under 18. They pretty much have to shoot somebody to go in front of a judge. Sad but true. Must not be too tough on "Little Jimmy"

I have been around High School football for over 30 years with Lloyd and Beechwood and it has happened at both schools. I feel Coach Rash and Mr. Hutton will take care of this problem and will go on with life. I know this is happening all over the state and it continues to be a problem in all communities and we need to address it and not turn our heads on this problem. Under age drinking is a big problem and must be addressed in all schools. It hurts me to read all this since I am a personal and good friend of both Coach Rash and Mr. Hutton. They will do the right thing and handle it. I only wish BW the best of luck and to move on in such a bad situation. JD

Edited by JOHNDUNHOFT
spelling

I have been around High School football for over 30 years with Lloyd and Beechwood and it has happened at both schools. I feel Coach Rash and Mr. Hutton will take care of this problem and will go on with life. I know this is happening all over the state and it continues to be a problem in all communities and we need to address it and not turn our heads on this problem. Under age drinking is a big problem and must be addressed in all schools. It hurts me to read all this since I am a personal and good friend of both Coach Rash and Mr. Hutton. They will do the right thing and handle it. I only wish BW the best of luck and to move on in such a bad situation. JD

From reading the article it sounds like Beechwood, the Super, and Coach Rash should be commended for the way they are handling this. In short, you get one warning and with a second offense you are out, I agree 100% with that stance/policy.

So the kids got caught by whom drinking on private property? and they are not being charged with a crime? Where does the school district get to punish these kids?

Had they been drinking on campus or showed up to an event drunk, no brainer, but how can they be punished for something that they are not being charged with, that happened on private property.

Where does the school district have jurisdiction to do anything?

Guest Birdflu
Lets see a show of hands from BGP'ers who did not drink a beer when they were in high school. That's what I thought!

I will raise my hand. Never had a drink of alcohol in my life. I really don't like it when people assume that everyone drinks alcohol. As for the thread, I think the punishments, if done as has been said, are appropriate.

So the kids got caught by whom drinking on private property? and they are not being charged with a crime? Where does the school district get to punish these kids?

Had they been drinking on campus or showed up to an event drunk, no brainer, but how can they be punished for something that they are not being charged with, that happened on private property.

Where does the school district have jurisdiction to do anything?

In general terms team rules are team rules and no drinking means no drinking.