This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

According to the news ,there could be as many 20 players suspended. The news also reported that the suspensions will be determined by the head football coach on who gets suspendid and who doesn't. (Don't kill me, I'm just the messenger).

His comments were clear to me. If it was your first time in trouble you're out this week. If it was not your first time you're off of the team.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Birdflu
Anyone know more about this? Will they be gone for all the playoffs?

------------------

Nearly 20 players on the Beechwood High School football team were suspended or kicked off the team for underage drinking at a party held on the property of Ludlow City Administrator Brian Richmond.

Read more: Beechwood High School football players suspended for drinking

I guess the freshmen will get their chance soomer than anyone thought. I thought it was interesting that the article said they were going to play "Beechmont football" this Friday.

I would say for those who truly want to know go to the game but I wouldn't publish names here. It's not fair to the kids. I agree though the Ludlow admin should be questioned more. How can you say I knew there was a party but I didn't know there was alcohol or that it would get out of hand. Unless your parenting skills are non existent, you know.

If an adult should knowingly let under aged kids drink on their proprerty, are the consequences worth being the cool parent or whom ever? I don't think so. I do agree that kids will be kids and do what we all have done at that age but it should not have been allowed. There is to much to lose and nothing to gain. JMO

Interesting that law enforcement does not feel the need to investigate. Facilitating consumption of alcohol by minors can be a pretty serious offense in some communities.

I can tell you they are extremely tough cases for the police to investigate and first time offenders won't even go before a judge. In other words, huge waste of time from a law enforcement perspective and much better handled by Beechwood, Coach Rash, and the parents.