This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the party was on private property, how did they get discovered? Were the police called to the residence? Did someone snitch em out and then a large group confessed to drinking?

I know this happened at Highlands a few years ago and many kids were upfront about drinking and took their punishment while there were a couple that werent as forthcoming and that didnt set well with the rest of the kids.

So the kids got caught by whom drinking on private property? and they are not being charged with a crime? Where does the school district get to punish these kids?

Had they been drinking on campus or showed up to an event drunk, no brainer, but how can they be punished for something that they are not being charged with, that happened on private property.

Where does the school district have jurisdiction to do anything?

My sons signed a non-use (drugs, tobacco and alcohol) in the pre-season. I made them read it, top to bottom, before signing it. It flat out said ZERO tolerance, not just on campus. I think it's pretty standard these days.

So if the party was on private property, how did they get discovered? Were the police called to the residence? Did someone snitch em out and then a large group confessed to drinking?

I know this happened at Highlands a few years ago and many kids were upfront about drinking and took their punishment while there were a couple that werent as forthcoming and that didnt set well with the rest of the kids.

Two words - "Social Media" They posted pics on Twitter and Facebook bragging. Not very smart :)

As I understand it, Police were not involved. Coach Rash was notified. He investigated and the tower fell. Many of the kids were not drinking, but simply being around other minors drinking is a violation of Team Rules. So they were suspended.

I also don't believe their is any School District involvement, but when Media shows up at your door, the Super has to speak.

Two words - "Social Media" They posted pics on Twitter and Facebook bragging. Not very smart :)

As I understand it, Police were not involved. Coach Rash was notified. He investigated and the tower fell. Many of the kids were not drinking, but simply being around other minors drinking is a violation of Team Rules. So they were suspended.

I also don't believe their is any School District involvement, but when Media shows up at your door, the Super has to speak.

OSD, I am not saying you are wrong but how do you explain this part of the article if the police were not involved:

Richmond said "there was a gathering" on a portion of his property in a wooded area behind his house, but said he did not know there was any drinking taking place.

Contrary to information provided by two northern Kentucky police chiefs, Richmond said there was no underage drinking at his house. Richmond says his neighbors, Lisa and Mike Schuler, claim to have found a considerable number of empty beer cans in their shed and believe the teens consumed the alcohol on their property.

OSD, I am not saying you are wrong but how do you explain this part of the article if the police were not involved:

Richmond said "there was a gathering" on a portion of his property in a wooded area behind his house, but said he did not know there was any drinking taking place.

Contrary to information provided by two northern Kentucky police chiefs, Richmond said there was no underage drinking at his house. Richmond says his neighbors, Lisa and Mike Schuler, claim to have found a considerable number of empty beer cans in their shed and believe the teens consumed the alcohol on their property.

Sorry, let me clarify. No Police Involvement where the kids were concernced. I was told the party actually ended on its own. It was really the next day when Coach Rash got wind of it that it started going a little crazy.

Police obviously got involved. As for Mr. Richmond's comments... give me a break. You had 20 kids involved enough to be suspended from football and a few others kicked off the team. This was not a "few kids"

The Facebook and Twitter Pics will be re-discovered :)

Sorry, let me clarify. No Police Involvement where the kids were concernced. I was told the party actually ended on its own. It was really the next day when Coach Rash got wind of it that it started going a little crazy.

Police obviously got involved. As for Mr. Richmond's comments... give me a break. You had 20 kids involved enough to be suspended from football and a few others kicked off the team. This was not a "few kids"

The Facebook and Twitter Pics will be re-discovered :)

As to Mr. Richmond, being a legal mind he knows he needs to build a defense because he is responsible for any under age drinking on his property which is why he is pointing out the neighbors found beer cans on their property and Mr. Richmond believes the teens consumed the alcohol on the neighbor's property.

In other words, Lisa and Mike Schuler just went under the bus, and it is a very large bus...