This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

All the kids need to be kicked off the team and the home owner needs to be punished. Its like if you get pulled over and someone has drugs on them in your car. Its your car you are held responsible as well. It was his house he needs to be held responsible.

This may be one of the most ignorant posts in this entire thread. You do not know what you are talking about and your hypothetical example is wrong.

Many of these kids did nothing Criminally wrong, they simply broke team rules by being at the party. Hopefully you realize that since the police were not involved with the inviduals. It's simple, TEAM RULES dictate the punishment. 1st offense suspension, 2nd Offesne kicked off the team. If next year Coach Rash decided to changes the rules/contract then that so be it. Can't change the contract after its signed.

For the other bonehead that talked about Expulsion... This is not a School Matter. Wasn't on school property or at a school event so the school has no say in punishment as they didn't.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told that sometimes kids " drink heavily" right before they come to the party, like on the way or something. So be on the lookout for kids that seem drunk when they show up. If they get sick or pass out at your house, it becomes your problem.

This may be one of the most ignorant posts in this entire thread. You do not know what you are talking about and your hypothetical example is wrong.

Many of these kids did nothing Criminally wrong, they simply broke team rules by being at the party. Hopefully you realize that since the police were not involved with the inviduals. It's simple, TEAM RULES dictate the punishment. 1st offense suspension, 2nd Offesne kicked off the team. If next year Coach Rash decided to changes the rules/contract then that so be it. Can't change the contract after its signed.

For the other bonehead that talked about Expulsion... This is not a School Matter. Wasn't on school property or at a school event so the school has no say in punishment as they didn't.

Then how do you think the matter was handled for players whose season is already over?

Yup, especially if you have land.

If I'm a parent I wouldn't expect kids to be drinking during the season. After the season yes, but not during.

You do realize that the parents were in the house with a group of friends? The "property" in question is less than a 1/2 acre. We aren't talking sprawling acres as has been implied. I have also seen pictures from the party with many kids on the patio/driveway behind the house and in the garage. So don't be fooled into believing the bullcrap that they were not aware of what was going on.

Also, ignorance is not an excuse and what you "expect" is not a way to parent. They are teenagers, expect the unexpected and assume they are up to no good! Many parents that drank in High School feel it's hypocritical to come down on their kids. I do not. I believe its our job to guide them and if its they want to drink, it's their job to obtain and hide it. Fortunately, they are dumb kids and don't really do that all that well. So it makes my job much easier.

I have no problem with Mr. Richmond letting his son drink or any parent letting their kids drink. It's their choice. You just don't get to make that choice for me or other parents. If I allow my kids attend a party or "small gathering" at your house, then I should be able to assume you are being a responsible parent.

If it is not a school matter, than how can the kids be suspended from a School Team?

Then why do you have kids serving school suspensions right now?????

I am not aware of any kids serving "School" Suspensions. Most of the kids involved actually practiced this week and were at the Team Dinner last night. They are just not going to be on the sidelines for the game.

There may be some school suspensions as well, but they are not directly related to this incident. If they are, then I'm sure some attorneys will be called.

I did learn something through this. If a kid skips school and is caught drinking off of school property, whether criminally guilty or not, the School does have the ability to punish them. As in expulsion or suspension.

So you are saying the Team is not part of the school?

Are you this OBTUSE on purpose? Of course the team is part of the school. But they have hired Coach Rash to run it as he sees fit. They broke TEAM rules, not School rules. I don't believe that all teams have the same contract and personally I don't think they should. It's up to each Coach how they want to handle these things. I would hope that Drinking is a part of every rulebook/contract, but it may not be.

I am proud that the Beechwood Administration did not get involved and they gave Rash the power and the support to do what he saw fit.

You do realize that the parents were in the house with a group of friends? The "property" in question is less than a 1/2 acre. We aren't talking sprawling acres as has been implied. I have also seen pictures from the party with many kids on the patio/driveway behind the house and in the garage. So don't be fooled into believing the bullcrap that they were not aware of what was going on.

You do realize mine was a general statement, not specifically about this incident.

Then how do you think the matter was handled for players whose season is already over?

Not sure what you are asking here, but I'll assume you are talking about those 3 that were Kicked off the team. I feel it was handled correctly. Again, it's spelled out in the rules and was told to them when they committed their first offense. Two of them were already done because of injuries so it's not as impactful, but certainly sends the message. Being kicked off a Beechwood team is a big deal and there is certainly a shame to it no matter who you are. For one, it may actually affect his opportunity to play college ball. I feel bad for them, but it is the rules and at least one of the parents is in total agreement and supports Coach Rash.

Its a small yard and about 200 feet from the school. I bet alot of the people parked on school grounds. Any cameras on the outside of the school?

Also, ignorance is not an excuse and what you "expect" is not a way to parent. They are teenagers, expect the unexpected and assume they are up to no good! Many parents that drank in High School feel it's hypocritical to come down on their kids. I do not. I believe its our job to guide them and if its they want to drink, it's their job to obtain and hide it. Fortunately, they are dumb kids and don't really do that all that well. So it makes my job much easier.

I have no problem with Mr. Richmond letting his son drink or any parent letting their kids drink. It's their choice. You just don't get to make that choice for me or other parents. If I allow my kids attend a party or "small gathering" at your house, then I should be able to assume you are being a responsible parent.