This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

Do you have parents that serve alcohol to players in your program? By the case I might add. Do you really think this is an isolated instance?

If everyone posting and/or reading this thread is foolish enough to think that this does not happen at every other school around take off your blinders. Teenagers have ways of finding alcohol with or without a parent's help. It is unfortunate that teenagers make such bad decisions at times. I applaud Coach Rash for holding his players accountable and I wish more coaches and schools would hold their students and players more accountable.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say there is vacuum of accountability and consequences for the authority figure involved. The unwillingness of law enforcement to investigate is disturbing given the multiple eye witness accounts. Someone, or something is being protected.

He's not an "Authority Figure" in this case. He's just a very stupid parent. Unfortunately, our legal system is a bit messed up. You do realize that someone has to make an "official complaint" to the police for there to be an investigation. The police were never called to the residence. The kids can't file a complaint and the other parents are apparently unwilling to. Without that, it sounds like the police can't do anything.

I can assure you that there is no lack of accountability. If he's willing to lie and throw neighbors, school and the kids under the bus, there is not much they can do. Hopefully one of the parent witnesses will hear is lies and do something . about it. That or one of the many photos that are sitting on kids' phones will surface.

He's not an "Authority Figure" in this case. He's just a very stupid parent. Unfortunately, our legal system is a bit messed up. You do realize that someone has to make an "official complaint" to the police for there to be an investigation. The police were never called to the residence. The kids can't file a complaint and the other parents are apparently unwilling to. Without that, it sounds like the police can't do anything.

I can assure you that there is no lack of accountability. If he's willing to lie and throw neighbors, school and the kids under the bus, there is not much they can do. Hopefully one of the parent witnesses will hear is lies and do something . about it. That or one of the many photos that are sitting on kids' phones will surface.

What has he lied about?

What has he lied about?

"Richmond said "there was a gathering" on a portion of his property in a wooded area behind his house, but said he did not know there was any drinking taking place.

Contrary to information provided by two Northern Kentucky police chiefs, Richmond said there was no underage drinking at his house. Richmond says his neighbors, Lisa and Mike Schuler, claim to have found a considerable number of empty beer cans in their shed and believe the teens consumed the alcohol on their property."

Read more: Beechwood High School football players suspended for drinking

This has been discredited here :

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_willie.html?article=10541187

A City Manager and Attourney not an authority figure? Someone with extensive political connections ?

If my thinking is right there are a multitude of possible conflicts with any criminal case.

I'm glad you used the verbage "criminal case". I agree completely.

Do you remember a similar incident that occurred with Boone football players about 3 years ago and how that was handled?

Let me add a spin, does anyone feel that Coach Rash is partially at fault as well?

The reason I say this is that some would say for example, if underage kids at UC were to get busted like this, that Coach Jones should be accountable for those kids.

I believe there needs to be an investigation at higher levels than Coach Rash. Perhaps by someone outside of Ft. Mitchell.

"I believe there needs to be an investigation at higher levels than Coach Rash. Perhaps by someone outside of Ft. Mitchell. "

This has happened before. I believe in 2005 just before the NewCath game coach Yeagle suspended the players for one game. At least half of the starters were involved. We lost the game by less than a TD but were proud of how the coach handled it. I have payed for and know many coaches. My son played for both coach Yeagle and coach Rash and you will not find any coach with more integrity than these two men. If coach Rash has dealt with it then there is no need to take it to a higher level.

As to Mr. Richmond, being a legal mind he knows he needs to build a defense because he is responsible for any under age drinking on his property which is why he is pointing out the neighbors found beer cans on their property and Mr. Richmond believes the teens consumed the alcohol on the neighbor's property.

In other words, Lisa and Mike Schuler just went under the bus, and it is a very large bus...

This doesn't sound right. I can have under age drinking in my back yard, and if they throw their empty beer cans in my neighbors yard, then I'm off the hook and my neighbors should get a lawyer? Wow!! Sounds fishy to me. :idunno:

I'm glad you used the verbage "criminal case". I agree completely.

Do you remember a similar incident that occurred with Boone football players about 3 years ago and how that was handled?

No on Boone but like several others have mentioned this stuff happens a lot in this area but normally it is one of those deals where the parents are not home and the kids invite everyone.