This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

I'm entirely blown away at how overblown this whole thing has become...Crazy.

Totally agree, well not totally, In part I guess.

At least when it comes to the Kid's part in it and the punishment. They made a mistake, broke team rules and will serve the punishment. It will have a little effect on the Tigers tonight and will reward those that didn't make a mistake to step up and get some playing time. There will be kids from just about every football team in the country drinking this weekend. It happens.

As for a parent enabling it and possibly even purchasing the alcohol as alleged, it can't be blown out of proportin in my opinion.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, well not totally, In part I guess.

At least when it comes to the Kid's part in it and the punishment. They made a mistake, broke team rules and will serve the punishment. It will have a little effect on the Tigers tonight and will reward those that didn't make a mistake to step up and get some playing time. There will be kids from just about every football team in the country drinking this weekend. It happens.

As for a parent enabling it and possibly even purchasing the alcohol as alleged, it can't be blown out of proportin in my opinion.

Disagree, the bolded happens every weekend at almost every high school/community across the country.

Disagree, the bolded happens every weekend at almost every high school/community across the country.

Then it needs to stop and this is not blown out of proportion. Any parent or other adult facilitating drinking to kids in their early teens deserves whatever punishment they get. The more adults who become aware that this is a criminal offense, the better.

So in the last 6 months Beechwood has had issues within the baseball program that ended in the departure of their coach, and now has issues within the football program that has led to departure of a few members and suspension of others. Sounds like Beechwood has things under control.

So in the last 6 months Beechwood has had issues within the baseball program that ended in the departure of their coach, and now has issues within the football program that has led to departure of a few members and suspension of others. Sounds like Beechwood has things under control.

Don't forget about the "abduction."

Then it needs to stop and this is not blown out of proportion. Any parent or other adult facilitating drinking to kids in their early teens deserves whatever punishment they get. The more adults who become aware that this is a criminal offense, the better.

We'll just have to disagree on that as I don't want to get the thread off track.

This is a terrible way to look at the situation. Obviuosly, you would not have punished them at all. Or maybe just taken away their beer for a week. I hope you do not procreate. It's parents that think like you that cause a lot of the problems. You say you don't condone the actions of these kids, but everything else in your post says you do. By saying "give these kids some slack, it's not the end of the world" you are showing your immaturely and disdain for rules and laws. PLEASE do not reproduce.

Your probably correct. I should not reproduce because I believe that kid's are going to be kid's. In what part of this did I say I would let my kid's have friends over to drink? You are totally irrational. By me stating what I stated, I was simply referring to that fact that no matter what happens they are going to continue drinking. It's life bud. You can continue to be naive with your children and think they are not drinking and if they are act like the world is over. It is none of my business what you do. All I know is that I got caught drinking in high school and am going to graduate college and be successful. It's not the end of the world like you think it is. I am sure you probably assume your kid's dont smoke pot. Let me tell you about something else Mr. Lotto, kids smoke pot in high school. Want to know why? Because it is easier to get than alcohol and that's a fact. Does this make me a bad parent that I know these things because I have been there? I think not.

Total BULL IMO, I would hope this father explained to his son the ramifications of drinking on thier property before this incident happened. I know I have explained this type of situation to my daughter and I think she is fully understanding of what she should do. That being said when my daughter has friends over and are gathering on the deck I step out there ramdonly to make sure there is no "fun business". Plus I have no problem letting them know that I better not see any alcohol.

Understand what you are saying, but still think the kid could have been thrown under a bit. Even if the father explained this to his kid, which he should have, how much would that deter him from his actions? A high school party is a big snowball and when people hear there is alcohol, more and more people start to show up. On a side not, still think Richmond needs to be held accountable as his story just doesn't make sense. As well as his kid. Even if it was not the kid's fault, he still put his teammates, family, and himself in a bad situation and should pay the consequences.

If Rash and the BW administration really wanted to make a principled stand, they would forfeit tonight's game. This is not simply a matter of teenage football players being caught drinking. The possibility that the alcohol was supplied by a BW football parent looms large. If I am the principal of BW, I get all the parties in my office and the whole truth on the table before this game is played. If the parent in question did not supply the alcohol, I go ahead and play the game. If I don't feel like I'm getting the whole truth, I forfeit the game. If the BW parent supplied the alcohol I forfeit the game.

The integrity of the institution is on the line here. It has already been harmed by one football alumni that hailed the drug and alcohol culture as promoting team building.

If Rash and the BW administration really wanted to make a principled stand, they would forfeit tonight's game. This is not simply a matter of teenage football players being caught drinking. The possibility that the alcohol was supplied by a BW football parent looms large. If I am the principal of BW, I get all the parties in my office and the whole truth on the table before this game is played. If the parent in question did not supply the alcohol, I go ahead and play the game. If I don't feel like I'm getting the whole truth, I forfeit the game. If the BW parent supplied the alcohol I forfeit the game.

The integrity of the institution is on the line here. It has already been harmed by one football alumni that hailed the drug and alcohol culture as promoting team building.

And how is that fair to the other 50 kids doing the right thing? Not one person has questioned the handling of this or the integrity of Beechwood in how they handled this except you in this post. Sometimes you let your vendetta against Beechwood cloud your judgment. This post is one of your worst.

LOL