This may change a few things for Beechwood....

Off_Constantly

"I believe there needs to be an investigation at higher levels than Coach Rash. Perhaps by someone outside of Ft. Mitchell. "

This has happened before. I believe in 2005 just before the NewCath game coach Yeagle suspended the players for one game. At least half of the starters were involved. We lost the game by less than a TD but were proud of how the coach handled it. I have payed for and know many coaches. My son played for both coach Yeagle and coach Rash and you will not find any coach with more integrity than these two men. If coach Rash has dealt with it then there is no need to take it to a higher level.

The presence of a political figure as a facilitator of teenage drinking changes the equation. I'm sure the kids are being dealt with fairly. This figure has already delivered conflicting accounts of what has happened and has been refuted by two sets of BW parents. There were cases of beer on the front porch, evidently visible from the street. This is a fellow BW parent. YOU SHOULD BE OUTRAGED!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The presence of a political figure as a facilitator of teenage drinking changes the equation. I'm sure the kids are being dealt with fairly. This figure has already delivered conflicting accounts of what has happened and has been refuted by two sets of BW parents. There were cases of beer on the front porch, evidently visible from the street. This is a fellow BW parent. YOU SHOULD BE OUTRAGED!

Beer on the front porch? where did you get that?

Beer on the front porch? where did you get that?

(Fort Mitchell) Beechwood School Administrators say two sets of parents told them they witnessed students drinking outside the home of Ludlow City Administrator Brian Richmond when they went to drop off their teens at a party there. They then took their kids home and alerted administrators. Eighteen Beechwood High School football players confessed to attending the party where underage drinking occured and that's a violation of team rules. They told administrators cases of Keystone Light were available for the taking outside the home. Fifteen players were suspended for their first violation and three were kicked off the team after having multiple violations. Fort Mitchell police say no witnesses have reported the incident to the police and until that happens an investigation won't be started.

Read more: Beechwood Football Players Suspended | Bill Cunningham - Cincinnati Reds - 700WLW - THE BIG ONE

If anyone wants to listen in. Brian Richmond comes on later in the segment.

ET 1 - 700WLW

BW must be thrilled to have some guy named Brian call into say he and his teammates had beer and weed before games during the 4-year run of state championships. Says it helped the performance because it helped build team chemistry and loyalty.

I see no parent letting there 15 year old kid have a fire and party for that many people and not being around. This story is getting better every day that goes by. Someone has to be responsible and charged with the keg law. JD
I am starting to get the impression that Richmond and his wife were not the only adults present. I think if it wasn't for the current city counsel and board of education elections more adult names would probably surface. Cover up or conspiracy you pick em I'm just saying.

Richmond makes a good argument as to him not knowing about it (he did say "maybe I'm naive") when he said that the neighbors alerted him to it on Sunday when they found bags of beer cans in their shed on their property. He says that if the kids knew that he condoned it they would not have hidden the empties at the neighbors.

Richmond makes a good argument as to him not knowing about it (he did say "maybe I'm naive") when he said that the neighbors alerted him to it on Sunday when they found bags of beer cans in their shed on their property. He says that if the kids knew that he condoned it they would not have hidden the empties at the neighbors.

Other accounts describe kids drinking visible from the street.

Can you say spin doctor? Trying to save his job.

Did you read the thread? There has been discussion about naming kids who aren't in uniform Friday night and whether kids who were kicked off the team are fair game to name, etc. So, my vote is no names.

We are all entitled to our opinion on naming names. However, I stand by the belief if high school athletes are going to be named on this site (juvenile or not) for their accomplishments then the same should happen when they "slip up". JMO.

How do you know they regret it? Their names get glorified when they score TD's, block, kick or tackle. 16-18 is old enough to deal with the public scrutiny of their bad decision that let's their school and community down. They might as well learn know the good and bad of public life it may discourage others from doing it in the future.

AGREE. Just like my point above, in post 163

Richmond sounded like an idiot on the radio today. Deny, deny, deny. He's obviously lying. No way is there a party on someone's property with 30+ kids, while he "was inside watching the ND game with friends" and he has no idea what's going on. Anyone wanna bet he was drinking as well? This guy is a loser, throwing neighbors under the bus, telling his son to go to the coach and "tell the truth", and then he was shocked his kid was suspended because he didn't know his own kid was drinking too? I would encourage the citizens of Ludlow to dump this loser. He can't administer his own backyard, much less the fine city of Ludlow.