Beechwood 54 Holy Cross 21

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered through this one and like always I have some random thoughts:

Wow Scott has a really nice football complex!

Beechwood looks like an over-sized Frosh team or a JV team at best. They are tiny.

I am not sure what Holy Cross was trying to do on offense. Running the ball straight at Beechwood was successful, throwing the ball all over the place was not. I understand working on your passing game but I felt like HC was more determined to work on their passing game rather than trying to win the game.

The Holy Cross receivers need to do a better job going after the football. The QB threw a lot of catch-able balls but I was disappointed in the effort of the receivers overall.

Mitchell Thomas from Beechwood played one heck of a game. I know Beechwood has a lot of injuries at RB but let me tell everyone Thomas can play. Tough, fast, good instincts, very impressive.

Holy Cross looked tired in the second half and was pretty much dominated by Beechwood.

Beechwood looked tired on defense when Holy Cross ran the ball straight at them. Hands on hips, bending over etc. Again I can't believe HC didn't do more of this.

Beechwood's QB Cam Cam Cam ran the ball really well.

Holy Cross has a long way to go but I can see them being fairly solid in the playoffs.

Beechwood looks like a very good Class A team but this could be Frankfort's year to get the Tigers. If not, I hate to think about another matchup with Mayfield.

Beechwood must have 25 coaches.

High school football on a Thursday night just isn't the same...

Again, wow was that football complex nice!

Ru you are correct, the facilities at Scott are just "silly". During the softball season I was given a tour of the locker rooms/indoor facility and indoor practice field....UNBELIEVABLE.

I think the Beechwood player to coach ratio is 2/1. When the team is on the field it seems there are as many coaches as players on the sideline. :lol:

Just saw the official appear to have too walk Brilz back to his sideline, so I assume it wasnt pleasentries.

I had to read your comment again. Duh on my part.

I didn't hear it, what did they have to say and do you think they were being serious or just messing with each other?

Ru you are correct, the facilities at Scott are just "silly". During the softball season I was given a tour of the locker rooms/indoor facility and indoor practice field....UNBELIEVABLE.

I think the Beechwood player to coach ratio is 2/1. When the team is on the field it seems there are as many coaches as players on the sideline. :lol:

I am happy for Scott, I know Scott has been a graveyard for coaches in the past and anything the system can do to help them is great.

What a bonus for Beechwood, I hope all the players and parents realize how lucky they are to have that many talented coaches volunteering their time to help Beechwood.

Just saw the official appear to have too walk Brilz back to his sideline, so I assume it wasnt pleasentries.

I have never witnessed it but Brilz has a bad reputation for running his mouth/being a bully on the sidelines. Again, I have not witnessed it but I have heard about it on several occasions.

I suffered through this one and like always I have some random thoughts:

Wow Scott has a really nice football complex!

Beechwood looks like an over-sized Frosh team or a JV team at best. They are tiny.

I am not sure what Holy Cross was trying to do on offense. Running the ball straight at Beechwood was successful, throwing the ball all over the place was not. I understand working on your passing game but I felt like HC was more determined to work on their passing game rather than trying to win the game.

The Holy Cross receivers need to do a better job going after the football. The QB threw a lot of catch-able balls but I was disappointed in the effort of the receivers overall.

Mitchell Thomas from Beechwood played one heck of a game. I know Beechwood has a lot of injuries at RB but let me tell everyone Thomas can play. Tough, fast, good instincts, very impressive.

Holy Cross looked tired in the second half and was pretty much dominated by Beechwood.

Beechwood looked tired on defense when Holy Cross ran the ball straight at them. Hands on hips, bending over etc. Again I can't believe HC didn't do more of this.

Beechwood's QB Cam Cam Cam ran the ball really well.

Holy Cross has a long way to go but I can see them being fairly solid in the playoffs.

Beechwood looks like a very good Class A team but this could be Frankfort's year to get the Tigers. If not, I hate to think about another matchup with Mayfield.

High school football on a Thursday night just isn't the same...

Again, wow was that football complex nice!

Wow I didn't think that it was going to be like this.i could complaine about calls or cheep shots but all that don't matter cause when you play with no hart and no leadership this will be the turn out every game! Our defense couldn't catch a cold in a flue epidemic !!! Can't tackle can't catch can't remember plays it's just unbelievable !! I think we came in this game thinking that we would walk on BW and instead we got our butt kicked! Congrats BW I hope you woke up our team so that now we can learn how to play football !!!'

One thing I wanted to add, I thought the Holy Cross punter did a great job when he was backed up in the end zone, ran to his right to avoid the defenders and crushed the punt. I think it was number #74 from HC.

He was clearly on the verge of losing real estate, for moment I though he was going to run out of bounds before he would kick it. But yes, he did crush it.

Wow I didn't think that it was going to be like this.i could complaine about calls or cheep shots but all that don't matter cause when you play with no hart and no leadership this will be the turn out every game! Our defense couldn't catch a cold in a flue epidemic !!! Can't tackle can't catch can't remember plays it's just unbelievable !! I think we came in this game thinking that we would walk on BW and instead we got our butt kicked! Congrats BW I hope you woke up our team so that now we can learn how to play football !!!'

Since you brought up cheap shots, are you saying the Tigers hit the Indians with several cheap shots tonight?

Good one, feel free to use my, "fat lady at a Chinese buffet". :lol:

It was Thursday night!

While they do have a lot of coaches, I think I saw middle school and freshman coaches there tonight. Also the coaches that are normally in Mayfield were probably there too! :thumb:

Here is your game report.

Holy Cross received the opening kickoff and promptly went 3 and out. A short punt gave Beechwood good field position. Beechwood gave a preview of what to expect on the night on their first possession. On their second play Mitch Thomas went 32 yards for the TD. Sletto's extar point made it 7-0. Holy Cross picked a couple first downs but on a 4th down play, Jack Tally intercepted Trail's pass and the Tigers had it at the 37. Thomas fumbled to Holy Cross on the first play. Holy Cross started 41 yards from pay dirt. They picked up one first down and then Trail threw another interception, this time to Max Shover. Beechwood had it at their own 31 with 2:36 to go in the first quarter. Their drive extended into the second quarter so the first quarter ended with Beechwood leading 7-0.

As the second quarter began, Beechwood moved the ball to the 25 running it but then decided to pass the ball and 3 sacks in a row forced a punt. Holy Cross started their best drive of the night at their own 10. They went to the running game, using the spread quarterback read play and effectively moved the ball downfield. Burt Pouncy made a nice 26 yard TD run to get the Indians on the board with 6:55 to go. Scott's extra point tied it at 7-7. A nice kickoff return by Shover got Beechwood to the 43. Thomas went for 30 then Cameron Lane went 13 yards for the TD and in one minute it was 14-7 Tigers, 5:42 to go. Holy Cross went back to their running game and moved the ball. On this drive Holy Cross' excellent receiver Vinny Pangallo was injured and did not return. Beechwood stopped them on 4th down at the 23 with 1:20 to go. The Tigers knew they could move the ball so they went for another TD. They quickly moved across midfield but time was running out and so were the timeouts. They tried to pass it into the end zone but Gabbard interecepted a Lane pass at the 9 with 9 seconds to go. 14-7 Beechwood at halftime.

Beechwood took the second half kickoff and began moving the ball at will. A Lane 57 yard TD run and missed extra point made the score 20-7 less than 3 minutes into the half. Holy Cross started their drive at their own 16. On the third play, Chris Lightner picked off a Trail pass and Beechwood had it at the 23. It only took one play for the Tigers to score as Thomas ran it into the end zone for the 23 yard TD. The XP was no good - 26-7 at 8:39 to go. On this kickoff return, Pouncy went down with what looked like a hamstring problem and did not return. Holy Cross went 3 and out. Beechwood had it at their own 31. This time it took 2 plays to score with Lane running it 67 yards for the Beechwood score. The Tigers converted the 2 point conversion on a pass from Lane to Thomas to make the score 34-7 at 6:03. In seven offensive plays and less than 4 minutes the Tigers offense put up 3 TD's and this game was over. Holy Cross did move the ball again on their next drive, going for it twice on 4th down and converting.

As the 4th quarter opened, the Holy Cross drive concluded with a TD pass from Trail to Callery to make the score 34-14 with 10:57 to go in the game. Beechwood had another one play TD drive with Thomas going 52 yards through a huge hole making it 41-14 just ten seconds after Holy Cross had scored. Beechwood brought on their reserves from here on out but there was not much difference in the results. Holy Cross went 3 and out. Studer scored from 49 yards out for the Tigers to make it 48-14. Holy Cross scored on a nice 40 yard TD pass from Trail to Gabbard. Casey Erdman capped the Beechwood scoring from 3 yards out to make your final score 54-21 Tigers.

I for once agree 100 percent with you. I thought our o-line would be a strength of our team this year and it has stunk up the joint in every game. Pair that with a defense that clearly does not know how to wrap when they tackle and any team will be in for a long season. I'm not gonna blame the receivers yet for not being able to catch because trail does throw a different ball than gabbard, I will give them one more week for their "adjustment period". If it continues then, the it will not look good for the Indians this year. However, trail can't throw when he is hit as soon as he gets the snap. Losing pangallo is going to hurt the Indians it is going to force beal, pouncy, and gabbard as a writer to step up and pick up where he left off. The only bright spot I saw for the Indians tonight was burt pouncy running the ball hard, he was cleary upset on the sidelines because he couldn't get his cramps under control to go back on the field to help his team.