Beechwood 54 Holy Cross 21

I am good with all that quick and if you say so I take you at your word.

Now how about my other random thoughts?

When it comes to the Tigers .... I agree with nearly everything .. or at least parts of everything (the size piece is the only thing that I would argue with .. but then again ... I think I understand where you are coming from).

As far as HC goes ... I can not (and will not) speak to those points. What I will say .. is that HC may have been down .. but they did not quit. Their players fought to the end.

Back to the Tigers ... the last few weeks have been very tough ... but everyone in the program is working hard to improve. This will be the type of team that walks into the post season with a chip on their shoulder .. and will have improved more than any team I have been around.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to the Tigers .... I agree with nearly everything .. or at least parts of everything (the size piece is the only thing that I would argue with .. but then again ... I think I understand where you are coming from).

As far as HC goes ... I can not (and will not) speak to those points. What I will say .. is that HC may have been down .. but they did not quit. Their players fought to the end.

Back to the Tigers ... the last few weeks have been very tough ... but everyone in the program is working hard to improve. This will be the type of team that walks into the post season with a chip on their shoulder .. and will have improved more than any team I have been around.

I agree the Beechies had some size up front but overall the Tigers were small, fast, and determined.

I agree HC fought to the end. I am going to go with they are a work in progress and again I think they could be a threat in the playoffs.

The Tigers certainly are an interesting team. Sometimes teams like this surprise us all and the 2012 Tigers have that feel. However, this certainly is a less talented group than what normally calls Beechwood Road home.

Beechwood should have used Thomas against SK. He did good in their scrimmage against Conner.

No one has a crystal ball but no matter who is healthy for Beechwood this year Thomas showed tonight he HAS to figure into Beechwood's offense from this point on.

Again, great job Mitch, guys like you are what high school football is all about!

Agree that Mitch showed he can be a guy to help carry the load, but honestly after watching him the last few years I had no doubts. What was most encouraging for me was the play of Cameron Layne at QB running the football. Think.the coaches allowed him to use his athleticism by putting him in the pistol with Mitch. He still needs confidence throwing the football, but showed what a weapon he can be.

If I were a HC captain reading BGP I'd grab any HC player who posts on here and tell him to keep his yapper shut. HC doesn't need players posting that the team quit. It's 100% detrimental to the team. Nothing worse than a teammate going public with whiny ass complaints about his brothers.

Be a teammate!

Nardo is right if you coach at BW 7th and 8th grade or freshmen if you are not playing are expected to go to the games. I love to see a school that has alot of coaches that should tell you something about the school, coaching staff and program. Now for Coach Brilz he is a protector and if one of his players is being mistreated or feel's one is in harms way you bet your sweet - - - he is going to be in your face. I can say that about the whole BW staff don't back them into a corner they will protect their players. Great comments by quickslick another class act. Great job TIGER players & coaches. JD