Beechwood 54 Holy Cross 21

The Tigers get back on track. The offense looked good. The defense still needs work. The defense was playing shorthanded again but that just may be the way it is from here on out so they have to get better. The Tigers offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage opening some big holes.

A lot of injuries to key players tonight for Holy Cross. Beal never played. Pangallo went out at the end of the first half. Pouncy went out early in the second half. The Holy Cross defense is not good.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I know it sounds like excuse making, but if they were healthy I really believe the Tigers would be undefeated right now. Nothing you can do about it.

On the other side, Holy Cross suffered some key injuries and had no Beal but ... they are not a good football team right now. I think Lloyd has a solid chance to knock them off and get 2nd in that district.

The Tigers get back on track. The offense looked good. The defense still needs work. The defense was playing shorthanded again but that just may be the way it is from here on out so they have to get better. The Tigers offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage opening some big holes.

A lot of injuries to key players tonight for Holy Cross. Beal never played. Pangallo went out at the end of the first half. Pouncy went out early in the second half. The Holy Cross defense is not good.

That is an understatement!!!! How many times did Holy Cross let the BW ball carrier "slip" out of their grasp on all those long scoring runs???? Am curious to see how many yards BW racked up tonight. Mitch Trail throws a nice ball.....when he has time. What BW lacks in size they make up for it in SPEED. Don't know if Beechwood is that good or Holy Cross is that bad. :idunno:

Great Win for BW shows what a good coaching staff can do when the chips are down. Congrats to BW. Sorry for HC losses with injuries hate them as I posted early. I hate to see a kid go down and not be able to play. Again Congrats to the TIGERS on a great win and hope they can continue to progress with the young players. JD

Edited by JOHNDUNHOFT
spelling

I suffered through this one and like always I have some random thoughts:

Wow Scott has a really nice football complex!

Beechwood looks like an over-sized Frosh team or a JV team at best. They are tiny.

I am not sure what Holy Cross was trying to do on offense. Running the ball straight at Beechwood was successful, throwing the ball all over the place was not. I understand working on your passing game but I felt like HC was more determined to work on their passing game rather than trying to win the game.

The Holy Cross receivers need to do a better job going after the football. The QB threw a lot of catch-able balls but I was disappointed in the effort of the receivers overall.

Mitchell Thomas from Beechwood played one heck of a game. I know Beechwood has a lot of injuries at RB but let me tell everyone Thomas can play. Tough, fast, good instincts, very impressive.

Holy Cross looked tired in the second half and was pretty much dominated by Beechwood.

Beechwood looked tired on defense when Holy Cross ran the ball straight at them. Hands on hips, bending over etc. Again I can't believe HC didn't do more of this.

Beechwood's QB Cam Cam Cam ran the ball really well.

Holy Cross has a long way to go but I can see them being fairly solid in the playoffs.

Beechwood looks like a very good Class A team but this could be Frankfort's year to get the Tigers. If not, I hate to think about another matchup with Mayfield.

Beechwood must have 25 coaches.

High school football on a Thursday night just isn't the same...

Again, wow was that football complex nice!

I suffered through this one and like always I have some random thoughts:

Wow Scott has a really nice football complex!

Beechwood looks like an over-sized Frosh team or a JV team at best. They are tiny.

I am not sure what Holy Cross was trying to do on offense. Running the ball straight at Beechwood was successful, throwing the ball all over the place was not. I understand working on your passing game but I felt like HC was more determined to work on their passing game rather than trying to win the game.

The Holy Cross receivers need to do a better job going after the football. The QB threw a lot of catch-able balls but I was disappointed in the effort of the receivers overall.

Mitchell Thomas from Beechwood played one heck of a game. I know Beechwood has a lot of injuries at RB but let me tell everyone Thomas can play. Tough, fast, good instincts, very impressive.

Holy Cross looked tired in the second half and was pretty much dominated by Beechwood.

Beechwood looked tired on defense when Holy Cross ran the ball straight at them. Hands on hips, bending over etc. Again I can't believe HC didn't do more of this.

Beechwood's QB Cam Cam Cam ran the ball really well.

Holy Cross has a long way to go but I can see them being fairly solid in the playoffs.

Beechwood looks like a very good Class A team but this could be Frankfort's year to get the Tigers. If not, I hate to think about another matchup with Mayfield.

Beechwood must have 25 coaches.

High school football on a Thursday night just isn't the same...

Again, wow was that football complex nice!

I completely agree with you about Thursday night games.