Beechwood 54 Holy Cross 21

Players need to shut their mouths and take coaching. Let the professionals that led the team to a state championship do their jobs.

Did you ever think that if you looked at all players and not just focus on what you think are your stars that JUST MABE JUST MAYBE you can find some that can help you and the stars of the team?? Its called you cant see the forest for the trees. WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM and I don't want to lose a GREAT coach like KOZ because of our over site and lack of faith in our guys! He's that 12th guy that we cant afford to lose.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a NewCath fan. I've never been a fan of Koz as a coach. However, I wouldn't call a 16 year old kid a wimp. Had an old man say that about me to a friend of mine when I was playing. True or not, it was an absolute joke for an adult to act like that. Even funnier, I saw that guy all the time when I was driving by and he always waved....

Did you ever think that he saw more in you then you did yourself?? It's called wake up before it's to late. And as far as Koz goes you will never find a man that loves ALL his kids as much as he dose!!! Its a shame you don't know this man and his family cause if you did you would fell bad about that post!! You will never find a guy that put's as much in his kids as he dose. With him its not all about football it's about life's lessons and hard work. I love this man!!

Did you ever think that if you looked at all players and not just focus on what you think are your stars that JUST MABE JUST MAYBE you can find some that can help you and the stars of the team?? Its called you cant see the forest for the trees. WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM and I don't want to lose a GREAT coach like KOZ because of our over site and lack of faith in our guys! He's that 12th guy that we cant afford to lose.

I am not a Holy Cross coach.

VOR,

Game story from last night is online at NKY.com. I wouldn't say there were production errors, just errors and as for it not making print, it's beyond ridiculous why it wasn't in there. We had two stories on Art Modell dying and 20 inches of US Open tennis, two things I can get from any national site. The errors on the top 10 are beyond ridiculous, but sadly they have cut copy editors to the bare bone and there is no one with any knowledge of Kentucky working in the sports department on a regular basis to oversee things, so hence stuff gets missed. It's an utter and absolute embarrassment is what it is.

Then you should not act like one and understand what is going on here!! That's if you do know what's going on!

You have a football team that is under a struggle. It is your coaching staff's responsibility to fix the problem. It creates larger problems by getting on a public forum and discussing your team's issues. I do know what is going on. Let your staff deal with the issues. Otherwise, you are creating dissention that will hurt your team's performance.

VOR,

Game story from last night is online at NKY.com. I wouldn't say there were production errors, just errors and as for it not making print, it's beyond ridiculous why it wasn't in there. We had two stories on Art Modell dying and 20 inches of US Open tennis, two things I can get from any national site. The errors on the top 10 are beyond ridiculous, but sadly they have cut copy editors to the bare bone and there is no one with any knowledge of Kentucky working in the sports department on a regular basis to oversee things, so hence stuff gets missed. It's an utter and absolute embarrassment is what it is.

As always, thank you for the information. Hopefully today's mistakes are an eye opener. That absolutely can not happen ... no excuses. And for whatever reason it did happen, there should be processes changed to ensure it never happens again. That paper is who the Enquirer is. If they can't get that right, what value is there for me the consumer to remain as a customer in this information competitive world. I know I am preaching to the choir. Feel free to print this post and throw it on your editor's desk, saying a lifelong customer is close to pulling the plug if this is today's Enquirer.

From what I can see you need someone running there YAPPER so that the players and some of the STAFF at HC can start talking about Leadership,Hart, and playing as team! Its hard watching a good team play like a bunch of WIMPS!!! If you think babying these guys will help them then you must be crazy!!!!!!!!! If you play like brothers your a team and when you play like these guys played last night then your not a team!! We have the players but they are for themselves not for the team. What ever happen to play every down like its your last and never l quit??? Five guys cant carry this team! So get in there and help these kids and work hard to set a winning tone that this team needs!!! Effort gets reward!!!

HC ... your passion is admirable but misguided in my opinion. I saw no lack of effort or heart in the Indians last night. I saw a defensive team that is not good. It is on your coaches to get it fixed. That means putting the right players in the right places and finding schemes that will make them most effective. Your Indians fought to the end last night and it is wrong to lay the score of last night's game at effort. Injuries are now an issue, but assuming all are healthy, if Pouncy, Beal, Trail, McClendon, Gabbard, Knochelman and other athletes need to go both ways to make it work, then that is what has to be done. Beechwood hates playing sophomores, but there were quite a few that moved into key roles last night because that is what had to be done to right the ship. I put this squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff and if they don't accept that responsibility and lead, then the players have no chance.

On a side note, no story on this game in today's Enquirer. It looks like there were some production issues in today's paper as there are a number of errors on the high school preview page.

Fortunately, we have the EyeoftheTiger game report on here so we know the whole game story.

EDIT: I did just now find the game story online. It looks like they just messed up getting it into the print edition. Here is the story:

A repeat for Holy Cross, Beechwood | NKY.com | cincinnati.com

I agree 1000% on EyeoftheTiger, great great stuff!!! Thank you so much!

On the Enquirer, it is sad to see them (and the Post before them) fall.

VOR,

You the man Skinny.

You have a football team that is under a struggle. It is your coaching staff's responsibility to fix the problem. It creates larger problems by getting on a public forum and discussing your team's issues. I do know what is going on. Let your staff deal with the issues. Otherwise, you are creating dissention that will hurt your team's performance.

I f you are not a coach then you should say that this is your opinion and not make the statement that you feel that this would be a problem. I can't see how this hurts the team when it's the truth! I hope that the kids do see this so that they know how much work that needs done and how much more is needed from them. It's sad how you want to hide behind what needs to be said! And in my opinion The thing that I say should be up for people to agree or disagree. It's no different then saying our defense needs work or offence is great cause people are going to say what I said somewhere in this form so again it's my opinion and it's what I see! I hope that we can turn it around cause I don't like us looking like this cause I know we are better!!

HC Man723 is giving UK#1fan a run for his money in my book. Very entertaining to read...challenging but entertaining.

Shut down Im sorry that you have issues with my post of Indians. I promise you that my intent is never ment to hurt my team nor the young men that play it BUT I don't see why I am wrong for saying what I feel is a problem. I hope you can see where I am coming from. I want that ring again and without hard work we have no chance.

Shut down Im sorry that you have issues with my post of Indians. I promise you that my intent is never ment to hurt my team nor the young men that play it BUT I don't see why I am wrong for saying what I feel is a problem. I hope you can see where I am coming from. I want that ring again and without hard work we have no chance.

It's not the message, it's the delivery.

Nardo is right if you coach at BW 7th and 8th grade or freshmen if you are not playing are expected to go to the games. I love to see a school that has alot of coaches that should tell you something about the school, coaching staff and program. Now for Coach Brilz he is a protector and if one of his players is being mistreated or feel's one is in harms way you bet your sweet - - - he is going to be in your face. I can say that about the whole BW staff don't back them into a corner they will protect their players. Great comments by quickslick another class act. Great job TIGER players & coaches. JD

If the so call Brilz v Koz incident happened during an injury timeout (assuming the player hurt was on the field), why was Brilz (an assistant coach) on the field? The only people on the field should be the trainer the players and the head coach(s). An asst. coach should not be close enough to talk to the opposing head coach.