Beechwood 54 Holy Cross 21

:lol::

I dont know what went on between Brilz and Koz after the game but I know this. Brilz is a class act on and off the field. He's not a bully, he dosent verbally destroy kids, he coaches with class and knows his craft very well. In regards to the large numbers of coaches on the sideline. The ENTIRE coaching staff from the Middle School program on up is encouraged to attend Varsity games. We're a family at Beechwood and we love being there!!!

:notworthy:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by turf field you mean better venue then I agree. If by anything else I couldn't disagree more. Tom Ellis field is a great place to watch a game, and always will be.

Didn't Holy Cross start playing at Scott a few years ago in the playoffs, when Holmes also got to host a game?

I think a large number of Holy Cross students come from the area of Taylor Mill and Independence so the venue probably works out pretty good for them. Does it matter if you get on a bus to go over to Holmes or further out to Scott. It is under 5 miles out to Scott.

There was a decent crowd there for a Thursday night game. I know Beechwood had volleyball and girls soccer games. Talking with HC parent they said there was a boys soccer game.

I don't know what Holy Cross has to pay to rent the facility but Scott High School Athletic Director Ken Mueller is a great guy and would do anything to help any student athlete in Northern Kentucky.

I noticed that Holy Cross has male cheerleaders. Beechwood had a kid a few years back but I think that is the first time I've seen multiple male cheerleaders at the high school level. Can anyone comment how long this has been going on? I didn't sit and watch them so do they do any of the things that you see at the college level? They looked athletic, not as strong as their college counterparts.

From what I can see you need someone running there YAPPER so that the players and some of the STAFF at HC can start talking about Leadership,Hart, and playing as team! Its hard watching a good team play like a bunch of WIMPS!!! If you think babying these guys will help them then you must be crazy!!!!!!!!! If you play like brothers your a team and when you play like these guys played last night then your not a team!! We have the players but they are for themselves not for the team. What ever happen to play every down like its your last and never l quit??? Five guys cant carry this team! So get in there and help these kids and work hard to set a winning tone that this team needs!!! Effort gets reward!!!

As to the Brilz / Kozerski exchange, I see a lot of posts and comments in defense of Brilz. I don't see anyone coming to the defense of Kozerski. Hmmmmm ......

Someone stated they heard Brilz was a bully, etc. People have come forward to say that isn't the case. Didn't see any comments about Kozerski, so what is there for someone to defend?!? Don't understand the reason for your "Hmmmmm".

Congrats, Beechwood. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

From what I can see you need someone running there YAPPER so that the players and some of the STAFF at HC can start talking about Leadership,Hart, and playing as team! Its hard watching a good team play like a bunch of WIMPS!!! If you think babying these guys will help them then you must be crazy!!!!!!!!! If you play like brothers your a team and when you play like these guys played last night then your not a team!! We have the players but they are for themselves not for the team. What ever happen to play every down like its your last and never l quit??? Five guys cant carry this team! So get in there and help these kids and work hard to set a winning tone that this team needs!!! Effort gets reward!!!

I'm sure that whatever you say on here, while passionate, has no positive impact on the team. I'm also sure that Koz is well aware of the fact that his team has flaws whever they may be, whether it is schematic or in the locker room. If you are not a player, you need to take a step back. You're ripping on high school kids, calling them wimps? It's just a game.

Players need to shut their mouths and take coaching. Let the professionals that led the team to a state championship do their jobs.

On a side note, no story on this game in today's Enquirer. It looks like there were some production issues in today's paper as there are a number of errors on the high school preview page.

Fortunately, we have the EyeoftheTiger game report on here so we know the whole game story.

EDIT: I did just now find the game story online. It looks like they just messed up getting it into the print edition. Here is the story:

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20120906/SPT030201/120907003/A-repeat-Holy-Cross-Beechwood?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

Players need to shut their mouths and take coaching. Let the professionals that led the team to a state championship do their jobs.

The sad thing about it is Koz can't do this by him self he has always prepared these kids well but he can't do it with out the rest of his staff stepping up to help get another state championship!! Last year it was easer with the guys we had! We had a lot more athletes and it made it easer for the staff to do there job but now that's not the case!! I'm not trying to knock the staff but we have got to unite as one!!! This is our wake up call like last year so now it's left up to the pro's as you would say. And I think you should take this as a positive and not so personal. Remember we are here for the kids so teach them I know sometimes the truth hurts but it's the facts of life and we learn from them. So you guys try to regroup and we will stand behind you cause we're in this together!!

If by turf field you mean better venue then I agree. If by anything else I couldn't disagree more. Tom Ellis field is a great place to watch a game, and always will be.

Ellis field may be a great place to WATCH a game, but every time I've been there, it has been in terrible playing condition. Facililty wise, in terms of playing field, concessions, etc, Scott's' is the best in Northern KY.

Ellis field may be a great place to WATCH a game, but every time I've been there, it has been in terrible playing condition. Facililty wise, in terms of playing field, concessions, etc, Scott's' is the best in Northern KY.

What happened to it? I used to love playing there.

One minor complaint about Scott - it is too spread out. That is a very minor complaint as everything truly is very nice and I would rank Scott right up there among the best. But the concessions and restrooms are just a little too far away from the stands and there is nothing on the visitor side of the field.

I hate to say it because you know who needs no encouragement on anything SK related, but I think I like Simon Kenton the best of the complexes up here. It wins out for me because of the very convenient concessions and restrooms on both sides of the field.

I'm sure that whatever you say on here, while passionate, has no positive impact on the team. I'm also sure that Koz is well aware of the fact that his team has flaws whever they may be, whether it is schematic or in the locker room. If you are not a player, you need to take a step back. You're ripping on high school kids, calling them wimps? It's just a game.

I guess you haven't watched the last three games? When a 8yr old starter game has better tackles and more hart then a High School varsity football team dose!!! your darn right Ill call them a bunch of wimps and if you cared anything about this team you would have the same felling as I!! And bye the way they are young MEN not little kids!!! At what point dose the light come on???

I guess you haven't watched the last three games? When a 8yr old starter game has better tackles and more hart then a High School varsity football team dose!!! your darn right Ill call them a bunch of wimps and if you cared anything about this team you would have the same felling as I!! And bye the way they are young MEN not little kids!!! At what point dose the light come on???

I'm a NewCath fan. I've never been a fan of Koz as a coach. However, I wouldn't call a 16 year old kid a wimp. Had an old man say that about me to a friend of mine when I was playing. True or not, it was an absolute joke for an adult to act like that. Even funnier, I saw that guy all the time when I was driving by and he always waved....