Brossart 5 Highlands 0

Baller99

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brossart took on the Lady Birds from Highlands at Pendry Park last night. Brossart Scored 1 goal in the 1st half to take the lead. The Lady Mustangs came out in the second half and scored 4 unanswered goal for a final of 5-0.

That's a serious thrashing by BBHS and not a fluke. 2 programs headed in opposite directions.

Not what I would call a serious thrashing if you were at the game. 1 to 0 after the first two quarters. Brossart scores on a very poorly played free kick that the keeper let bounce at the 6 rather than coming out to catch the ball on fly. Midfield play for Birds was not very good which resulted in a lot of kick ball and the defense being on their heels the entire game and thus 3 goals were scored in the last 10 minutes or so. Would not say Birds are headed in opposite direction as they start 3 sophs and 1 frosh and the JV team has had a very nice season to date. Would say that Brossart's time is now whereas the Birds will be much improved next year and in two years will be one of the better teams up here if the girls keep playing during the offseason. Big difference between upperclassman that play during the late fall and spring and those that play only when the high school soccer season comes around. Many club players in the Birds program that are sophs and below which should bode well for the future.

Not what I would call a serious thrashing if you were at the game. 1 to 0 after the first two quarters. Brossart scores on a very poorly played free kick that the keeper let bounce at the 6 rather than coming out to catch the ball on fly. Midfield play for Birds was not very good which resulted in a lot of kick ball and the defense being on their heels the entire game and thus 3 goals were scored in the last 10 minutes or so. Would not say Birds are headed in opposite direction as they start 3 sophs and 1 frosh and the JV team has had a very nice season to date. Would say that Brossart's time is now whereas the Birds will be much improved next year and in two years will be one of the better teams up here if the girls keep playing during the offseason. Big difference between upperclassman that play during the late fall and spring and those that play only when the high school soccer season comes around. Many club players in the Birds program that are sophs and below which should bode well for the future.

So according to your eyewitness account, we're to believe that BBHS fell into a 5-0 shutout. Please. Scores like that just don't happen. Does your eyewitness account include any credit for the play of BBHS? Keep posting how great the Birds JV and Frosh teams are - that's what everyone does when the Varsity isn't winning . . .

So according to your eyewitness account, we're to believe that BBHS fell into a 5-0 shutout. Please. Scores like that just don't happen. Does your eyewitness account include any credit for the play of BBHS? Keep posting how great the Birds JV and Frosh teams are - that's what everyone does when the Varsity isn't winning . . .

Never said Brossart did not play well and never said anything about JV/Frosh of HHS being great. Perhaps you should re-read the post and get off your high green horse. Just refuted your comment that said HHS was going in the opposite direction of Brossart. They are young in key positions on the field and sometimes it shows. I will stand by what I say in that the Birds are a year away from taking a big step forward and two years away from being one of the top teams in NKY again.

Never said Brossart did not play well and never said anything about JV/Frosh of HHS being great. Perhaps you should re-read the post and get off your high green horse. Just refuted your comment that said HHS was going in the opposite direction of Brossart. They are young in key positions on the field and sometimes it shows. I will stand by what I say in that the Birds are a year away from taking a big step forward and two years away from being one of the top teams in NKY again.

Totally agree with you Jack. Give Highlands a couple of years or so and lookout. This is not a statement being said because the varsity is down this year, its being said to assure you that they are not going to be down for years to come BlueKrush. The Mustangs are riding high the last few years with great talent coming through the system and girls that really play hard. I give them credit, they always seem to field a very tough team but the arrogance from some of their fans is crazy. I will be glad when my girls are wearing the blue and white and hopefully knocking the Stangs off of their saddle. Not sure what these teams who are beating Highlands right now are going to think when the Birds start fielding a team of starters who play in Division 1 or TPL for their respective club teams. Hopefully that can translate into State Championships.

Relax people. I'm not entirely sure BlueKrush is even a Brossart supporter. He/she was just pointing out the obvious: the Birds got a smackdown this week. I'm sure they are struggling without their star player (Abner) but they will bounce back. Brossart has a very good team this year with some stud seniors. Hope to see both teams continue to do well this season and future seasons!

The Highlands - Brossart series is not intense like it once was when District Seeding and Region play was involved. It is a conference game, but Highlands is now in the Region with Notre Dame, Newport Catholic and St. Henry. This is the first year since the records were kept (at least 10 years) Brossart has defeated both Newport Central Catholic and Highlands in the same season.