Brossart 5 Highlands 0

Baller99

5-0 soccer game is a beat down unless you are in U-8 soccer. It would be nice to see BBHS get a little credit for beating a school with twice as many kids in it. As for the arrogance comment coming from an HHS fan well that speaks for itself. HHS fans don't like losing to anybody and it really kills them when a small school like Brossart steps up and gets it done. Good luck to the Ava Abner in her recovery. Nobody wants to see a kid go through that.

PS I don't think blueCrush is a big brossart support by may be a big fan of anyone playing HHS.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-0 soccer game is a beat down unless you are in U-8 soccer. It would be nice to see BBHS get a little credit for beating a school with twice as many kids in it. As for the arrogance comment coming from an HHS fan well that speaks for itself. HHS fans don't like losing to anybody and it really kills them when a small school like Brossart steps up and gets it done. Good luck to the Ava Abner in her recovery. Nobody wants to see a kid go through that.

PS I don't think blueCrush is a big brossart support by may be a big fan of anyone playing HHS.

You might want to read my post again. I gave Brossart their due. They are talented and they have a great group of girls there right now. I cannot believe how people want to still compare this big school/small school stuff. This was put to bed in the 90's as far as soccer goes. Most of the diocese schools in NKY are beating larger schools and have been for some time now. No matter the school size most of these schools still field a Freshman, JV, and Varsity team. The pool of soccer players to choose from is really not that different from Highlands, NCC, Brossart, St. Henry, or Notre Dame. The schools like St. Mary's and St. Joe's (just naming those 2) have great youth teams that play together all through grade school (although they play in a crap ran league). There is something to be said for playing together for several years coming up through grade school. Its a shame that the districts are all split up. Wouldn't it be great to have BBHS, NCC, Highlands, and CCHS all in the same district? That's the way it should be. We are all rivals and it makes for good competition among the teams on the field and the banter between fans. I don't disparage any of those teams on here no matter who they are playing, I only stated my opinion of SOME fans of BBHS.

Not what I would call a serious thrashing if you were at the game. 1 to 0 after the first two quarters. Brossart scores on a very poorly played free kick that the keeper let bounce at the 6 rather than coming out to catch the ball on fly. Midfield play for Birds was not very good which resulted in a lot of kick ball and the defense being on their heels the entire game and thus 3 goals were scored in the last 10 minutes or so. Would not say Birds are headed in opposite direction as they start 3 sophs and 1 frosh and the JV team has had a very nice season to date. Would say that Brossart's time is now whereas the Birds will be much improved next year and in two years will be one of the better teams up here if the girls keep playing during the offseason. Big difference between upperclassman that play during the late fall and spring and those that play only when the high school soccer season comes around. Many club players in the Birds program that are sophs and below which should bode well for the future.

I gotta tell ya, I'm readin and re-readin this thing and u only describe how bad HHS played, which is not what I would call giving BBHS their due, as you subsequently posted. As I've repeated numerous times in posts, I call it as I see it, and 5-0 in HS soccer is a whupping.

You might want to read my post again. I gave Brossart their due. They are talented and they have a great group of girls there right now. I cannot believe how people want to still compare this big school/small school stuff. This was put to bed in the 90's as far as soccer goes. Most of the diocese schools in NKY are beating larger schools and have been for some time now. No matter the school size most of these schools still field a Freshman, JV, and Varsity team. The pool of soccer players to choose from is really not that different from Highlands, NCC, Brossart, St. Henry, or Notre Dame. The schools like St. Mary's and St. Joe's (just naming those 2) have great youth teams that play together all through grade school (although they play in a crap ran league). There is something to be said for playing together for several years coming up through grade school. Its a shame that the districts are all split up. Wouldn't it be great to have BBHS, NCC, Highlands, and CCHS all in the same district? That's the way it should be. We are all rivals and it makes for good competition among the teams on the field and the banter between fans. I don't disparage any of those teams on here no matter who they are playing, I only stated my opinion of SOME fans of BBHS.

in the 90's I would agree with you. all the kids played for their school teams in avarage leagues. Now knowbody plays for their school team in rec and more schools are having hard time fielding teams because everyone is plays select. To say Brossart or NCC have the Same pull to pick from at the respective schools is not even close. How many girls came out for soccer at Notre Dame and where not good enough to make the cut??? Brossaart and NCC may have Cut 1 or 2 kids that would not help the program. Everyone else plays to have the numbers to make teams at all levels including 6th,7th and 8th grades. how many 7th grades are playing at highlands or Notra Dame. My guess is non???

There is a difference that people do not want to see and it is kids that work there tails off and get not credit for it. I just hope we keep seeing little schools winning and maybe some day someone will say good for them. just not bash there fans.

Ok first of all there are no 6th graders on any of those teams nor should there be but i think you know that already. Second of all I need to tell you again that I just said SOME BBHS fans are arrogant. Third, I never said that they had just as many girls trying out as Highlands or Notre Dame. I meant that the quality of players based on their own talents and teamwork from playing together through grade school gave them just as much advantage as the amount of kids to pull from. Quality over quantity! Are you going to use the small school excuse if they loose to teams like CCHS, Highlands, or Dixie? That's why I think that no matter the size of the school, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. In the end a fan from any of the 4 in Campbell County should want one of them representing at State! I am not a hater of the Mustangs was actually disappointed that they lost to St. Henry in the All "A".

2 things; hardly any of these kids play together any more. They play Kings or any other club team so that is not the case. 2nd the numbers just don't add up. How many 7th or 8th graders play at NDA,Highlands, Dixie, CCHS, ect... (large school) versus NCC, Brossart, Holy Cross, ect... (small school). I know I am beating this horse and I am not intending on beat you (king102876) but I get sick and tired of the small school not getting the respect they deserve for what they do.

I think it is an oddity to see a 1A school beat a 6A school in everything but you do see it at times and to me it speaks volumes for the dedication and the effort or those programs and those kids and to have someone or anybody downplay that just gets my goat.

NCC and Brossart may be small schools but they do not have boundries like us public schools. They can have any 8th grader play on their high school teams as long as they belong to a parish that is considered their feeder school and since St. Therese will allow anyone to join and sign a paper it pretty much opens the area they can draw, "recruit" from.........We public schools have boundries and couldn't go to say Newport and take an 8th grader and get them to play at Campbell County High School with a paper that says the child belongs to an organization in our district. Congrats to the small public schools as they truly are small schools......

2 things; hardly any of these kids play together any more. They play Kings or any other club team so that is not the case. 2nd the numbers just don't add up. How many 7th or 8th graders play at NDA,Highlands, Dixie, CCHS, ect... (large school) versus NCC, Brossart, Holy Cross, ect... (small school). I know I am beating this horse and I am not intending on beat you (king102876) but I get sick and tired of the small school not getting the respect they deserve for what they do.

I think it is an oddity to see a 1A school beat a 6A school in everything but you do see it at times and to me it speaks volumes for the dedication and the effort or those programs and those kids and to have someone or anybody downplay that just gets my goat.

I understand your point but I think we should just agree to disagree on this subject. Good luck to all the schools, no matter their size, during the rest of the season. Hopefully one of them can represent at State.

NCC and Brossart may be small schools but they do not have boundries like us public schools. They can have any 8th grader play on their high school teams as long as they belong to a parish that is considered their feeder school and since St. Therese will allow anyone to join and sign a paper it pretty much opens the area they can draw, "recruit" from.........We public schools have boundries and couldn't go to say Newport and take an 8th grader and get them to play at Campbell County High School with a paper that says the child belongs to an organization in our district. Congrats to the small public schools as they truly are small schools......
Every Catholic Family should belong to a Parish .

8th graders ARE NOT ALLOWED to play Varsity sports at NewCath, they can play JV for some sports, it's totally a numbers thing. Their was only one time an 8th grader played a varsity sport at NewCath and that was about 7 years ago when Courtney Sandfoss was the pitcher on the softball team that was in it's 1st or 2nd year of fastpitch and they were in "desperate" need of someone who knew how to pitch so the team actually asked if she could play. Hell they might not have a Freshman Girls basketball team this year because the numbers are so low. This is when 8th graders from our feeder parishes are allowed to play.

The St. Therese thing, this is not "recruiting", these kids are going to be coming to NewCath anyway. I don't blame the parents who do this one bit.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 2

I wish I had known that I could "join" St. Therese back when my daughter was an 8th grader. We knew at that point that she was going to NCC and she could have then played up on the freshman soccer team. Yeah, we could have played up at Brossart but who wants to play for a school you have no intention of attending just because it's closer to where you live.

After attending the Varsity girls game last night between CCHS and NCC I was made aware that NCC only had 4 club soccer girls on their Varsity team. CCHS maybe had 6. So your point about these kids not playing together anymore is incorrect. The girls that are on NCC Varsity that did play club pretty much played together on the same Kings Select team. Here are the numbers for Freshman and JV with 7th & 8th graders playing on their team for each school in Campbell County.

Campbell County Frosh 15 8th Graders No 7th

Campbell County JV 0 8th Graders No 7th

BBHS Frosh 6 8th Graders 3 7th Graders

BBHS JV 0 8th Graders No 7th

NCC Frosh NO ROSTER

NCC JV 12 8th Graders No 7th

Highlands Frosh 6 8th Graders No 7th

Highlands JV 0 8th 0 7th

If you ask me with the exception of NCC these numbers all look pretty even. So just based on the numbers and the fact that these 4 schools do not contain a number of club players on the varsity level, there shouldn't be that much of a big school/small school excuse for winning or losing.

wow, Ncc allows players to request who plays from grade schools.....when Ncc football played my school a parent there said her boys had to transfer to Holy Trinity in order to continue in the Jr. High football program, the coach said it was KHSAA rule, guess it is either only for football or that is the only coach who follows the letter of the law. In order to get "in parish" tuition you need to be active and contributing, I doubt the families who belong to multiple parishes on paper "contribute" in their weekly offerings and attend mass with their parish communities.....POINT to be made here, High school comes soon enough, follow the rules and be good Catholics by exercising the values and morals you are being taught by your family, church and school communites. I will stick to my public school within my tax paying area. Oh, and NCC played very well against CCHS the other night. Little David and Goliath going on there.