Brossart 5 Highlands 0

Baller99

After attending the Varsity girls game last night between CCHS and NCC I was made aware that NCC only had 4 club soccer girls on their Varsity team. CCHS maybe had 6. So your point about these kids not playing together anymore is incorrect. The girls that are on NCC Varsity that did play club pretty much played together on the same Kings Select team. Here are the numbers for Freshman and JV with 7th & 8th graders playing on their team for each school in Campbell County.

Campbell County Frosh 15 8th Graders No 7th

Campbell County JV 0 8th Graders No 7th

BBHS Frosh 6 8th Graders 3 7th Graders

BBHS JV 0 8th Graders No 7th

NCC Frosh NO ROSTER

NCC JV 12 8th Graders No 7th

Highlands Frosh 6 8th Graders No 7th

Highlands JV 0 8th 0 7th

If you ask me with the exception of NCC these numbers all look pretty even. So just based on the numbers and the fact that these 4 schools do not contain a number of club players on the varsity level, there shouldn't be that much of a big school/small school excuse for winning or losing.

What 4 NCC girls played Kings together? They ranged in age from Freshman to Senior on the field so they couldn't have played on the same team?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What 4 NCC girls played Kings together? They ranged in age from Freshman to Senior on the field so they couldn't have played on the same team?

You might want to read my post again. I didn't ever say all 4 played together at Kings and how do you know that there are not 4 seniors that played club together on Varsity or even 4 juniors or 4 sophomores?

wow, Ncc allows players to request who plays from grade schools.....when Ncc football played my school a parent there said her boys had to transfer to Holy Trinity in order to continue in the Jr. High football program, the coach said it was KHSAA rule, guess it is either only for football or that is the only coach who follows the letter of the law. In order to get "in parish" tuition you need to be active and contributing, I doubt the families who belong to multiple parishes on paper "contribute" in their weekly offerings and attend mass with their parish communities.....POINT to be made here, High school comes soon enough, follow the rules and be good Catholics by exercising the values and morals you are being taught by your family, church and school communites. I will stick to my public school within my tax paying area. Oh, and NCC played very well against CCHS the other night. Little David and Goliath going on there.

What school did they perviously attend?

KHSAA is looking to take over Middle School sports hopefully if that happens kids will be more restricted to their Districts if they wish to play up on high school teams. Nothing in the KHSAA Handbook says parishes just schools.

That is a shame that parishes knowingly sign a document saying someone is a parish member knowing they already belong to St. Joe's or St. Mary's and is only seeking to play sports. I think it means only the parent must belong because several years ago a girl who attended Lincoln Elem. played JV softball for NCC and wasn't baptized until her Freshman year at NCC so she wouldn't have been a parish member as she wasn't Catholic. I am glad I just send my students to public school within my boundries and know at the end of the day it is the ethical and right thing as I choose not to pay tuition to attend another public or private school. Thanks for the update on KHSAA.

That is a shame that parishes knowingly sign a document saying someone is a parish member knowing they already belong to St. Joe's or St. Mary's and is only seeking to play sports. I think it means only the parent must belong because several years ago a girl who attended Lincoln Elem. played JV softball for NCC and wasn't baptized until her Freshman year at NCC so she wouldn't have been a parish member as she wasn't Catholic. I am glad I just send my students to public school within my boundries and know at the end of the day it is the ethical and right thing as I choose not to pay tuition to attend another public or private school. Thanks for the update on KHSAA.

Not necessarily true. Possibly one of her parents were catholic parishioners and she was in the process of converting? You go to mass prior to converting too. The diocese actually did a census this past year to determine how many parishioners went to mass at their registered parish.

The bolded confuses the heck out of me... Can you explain? How is what others are choosing that is in ther opinion the best choice for their child, not ethiical, or not the right thing to do?

You might want to read your post again because you did say that all four played on the same Kings team. I know one NCC Varsity player who played for NKSA.

Ok, since you decided to jump into the conversation, I will lay it out for you. "The girls that are on NCC Varsity that did play club pretty much played together on the same Kings Select team." The key words there being "pretty much played together". I didn't say all 4 played together. I wasn't sure about 1 girl and you clarified that for me....Thanks! . So much nit picking on this website about how you word something. If I meant all 4 played together, I would have said all 4 played together on the same team. I left myself some buffer room with the pretty much statement. So sorry that I didn't word it to your liking and I am so glad you could chime in and make everything right.

Just make it simple. Do not let any Middle school student play above freshman level in any sport at any school. That would solve the issue with parents sending their child to a school to play up just to get the experiance when they have no intention of ever sending them there as a freshman. They are just using the program for their needs and that needs to stop. I think NCC already has that rule in place and I think it is a good one. If I am wrong about that I am sure someone will correct me. At a private school that child is not even paying to go there and are put on JV or Varsity team in front of anyone that is paying to go there. That is just wrong.

Just make it simple. Do not let any Middle school student play above freshman level in any sport at any school. That would solve the issue with parents sending their child to a school to play up just to get the experiance when they have no intention of ever sending them there as a freshman. They are just using the program for their needs and that needs to stop. I think NCC already has that rule in place and I think it is a good one. If I am wrong about that I am sure someone will correct me. At a private school that child is not even paying to go there and are put on JV or Varsity team in front of anyone that is paying to go there. That is just wrong.

A few thoughts:

1.) The ability to fill in middle school kids on frosh and JV team can benefit other kids, even if the kid has no intent to go there. If the numbers are so low having the ability to fill in with some middle school kids and allow you to field a team, gives opportuntiies to some high school kids to actually have a team and play.

2.) Allowing middle school students to bump existing kids from high school opportunties the high school kids are paying for is an issue for the high school to deal with and can be easily solved. How about just allowing middle schoolers when you need the numbers (see above), but you can't cut a high school kid in favor of a middle schooler? Whatever the solution is, the problem is not the middle school kid as much as lack of high school guidance/leadership.

3.) Catholic schools have to be able to attract kids to be able to exist. Is there any greater way to sell your school than to slap your name on a kids chest, play on our team, and we will give you a season long sales pitch why we want you.

3.) Catholic schools have to be able to attract kids to be able to exist. Is there any greater way to sell your school than to slap your name on a kids chest, play on our team, and we will give you a season long sales pitch why we want you.

and Highland does this every day because there middle school is in an attached building (Catholic schools kids have to pick a different school all together). Now that is a recruiting tool. Oh and by the way come play pewee football in Ft. Thomas and play on our field and if you are good come here and pay to play for us. Does not matter that you live in Southern Campbell County or elsewhere, come on down.

Also they also have a pretty good school. I thought I would save that for last since it sounds like that is the last thing people think is important in a childs decision to where to go to school!

You can't blame FTJFL for drawing kids into the program. It's a stellar one that allows everyone to play and develop. Why play for Red Devils when only certain kids are developed and the rest are just fillers. As an example, that's why Campbell County HS is not the program it should be even though there are so many kids to draw from. Kids don't just want to play for winners; they want to be winners themselves. What good is having a ring if you didn't contribute to earning it.

Instead of crying about which kids are being "recruited" and snatched away from other schools, get involved and make your school the one that everyone wants to attend.