Church can't feed high school football team

So you would lead the students in prayer each morning if you were the teacher? Would you hang a cross in the entrance to the school if you were the principal? You do believe, right?

And you still haven't responded to why boosters in the lockerrom are a problem.

P.S. You have no damn clue as to my faith at all. It's pure arrogance to believe otherwise.

Not sure what hanging a cross in the entrance to the school would show. Do I need to wear a necklace with a cross?

You asked who would lead the prayer? I said anyone.

No arrogance at all. You stated you separate your faith and public education issues? Why is there ever a need to separate or hide one's faith? I listed several examples of those who didn't. If the courts ruled that you must bow down and pray to their god, would you separate your faith, and what the courts have ruled, and do so?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what hanging a cross in the entrance to the school would show. Do I need to wear a necklace with a cross?

You asked who would lead the prayer? I said anyone.

No arrogance at all. You stated you separate your faith and public education issues? Why is there ever a need to separate or hide one's faith? I listed several examples of those who didn't. If the courts ruled that you must bow down and pray to their god, would you separate your faith, and what the courts have ruled, and do so?

Bad analogy. Still haven't responded to my question.

Arrogance: Pure 100% arrogance to think you know a damn thing about my faith. I have no problem with the public schools not being allowed to have Christian prayer yet that somehow tells you all you need to know about my faith? Asinine.

You said you wouldn't concern yourself with the legal ramifications. I asked what you would do if you were a teacher and/or a principal. You chose not to respond.

If you believe in Jesus Christ and you're the principal you would want some form of representation of your faith at the school, correct?

Free advice: If you're unable to follow along in what I say do NOT assume you know squat about my faith and what I believe.

Bad analogy. Still haven't responded to my question.

Arrogance: Pure 100% arrogance to think you know a damn thing about my faith. I have no problem with the public schools not being allowed to have Christian prayer yet that somehow tells you all you need to know about my faith? Asinine.

You said you wouldn't concern yourself with the legal ramifications. I asked what you would do if you were a teacher and/or a principal. You chose not to respond.

If you believe in Jesus Christ and you're the principal you would want some form of representation of your faith at the school, correct?

Free advice: If you're unable to follow along in what I say do NOT assume you know squat about my faith and what I believe.

My analogy is dead on. You just say it's a bad analogy because you refuse to respond.

Clyde you're the most arrogant person on here. You calling someone else arrogant is hilarious. If you think a person can't get a good read on a person's faith by what they post on here then that's asinine.

You asked if I was the principal would I put a cross at the entrance of the school. I did respond.

Free advice: I follow along just fine. If you don't like my responses, you know all about the ignore feature.

Clyde you're the most arrogant person on here. You calling someone else arrogant is hilarious. If you think a person can't get a good reason on a person's faith by what they post on here then that's asinine.

You asked if I was the principal would I put a cross at the entrance of the school. I did respond.

Free advice: I follow along just fine. If you don't like my responses, you know all about the ignore feature.

I am arrogant. I back it up.

YOU , however, CANNOT back up your claim that you know squat about my faith. That's the worse kind of arrogance there is. It hurts the cause that you're trying to promote.

Now back up your claim that my faith is somehow lesser than yours. You can't do it.

See that's the difference in me, and you. I don't separate my faith and my beliefs with anything. You're post(s) shows me all I need to know about your position on prayer. If I'm a coach I pray for my prayers before the game until they tell me I'm no longer the coach. I don't concern myself with the legal ramifications. Did Daniel worry about the legal ramifications? Did Paul? Did Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego?

What did Jesus say about prayer, particularly in Matthew 6:1-14?

It's not about legal ramifications, it's about the reverent and important respect that prayer should have. Forcing your faith practice on others may be exactly what Jesus was addressing in that text.

What did Jesus say about prayer, particularly in Matthew 6:1-14?

It's not about legal ramifications, it's about the reverent and important respect that prayer should have. Forcing your faith practice on others may be exactly what Jesus was addressing in that text.

Dear Lord I pray you watch over the young men and women participating in this sporting event this even.

What is being forced?

Dear Lord I pray you watch over the young men and women participating in this sporting event this even.

What is being forced?

Is it prayer if you don't include the name of Jesus? And if you do, what does that mean to others who pray in the name of the Trinity, or are Jewish?

For me and my faith, prayer has to be through Jesus. If I can't go that route, I really can't call it prayer from my conviction.

What is wrong with the prayers of silence, in the hearts of the young people and coaches? Would this not be more along what Jesus was teaching his followers?

I am arrogant. I back it up.

YOU , however, CANNOT back up your claim that you know squat about my faith. That's the worse kind of arrogance there is. It hurts the cause that you're trying to promote.

Now back up your claim that my faith is somehow lesser than yours. You can't do it.

Unlike some I can separate my faith and public education issues. No need for prayer in a public school. Ever.

Sure I can. You just posted that you separate your faith with what the world says you can and can't do. I listed 5 examples in the Bible that refused to do that, but you refuse to comment on that because it goes against your argument.

Is it prayer if you don't include the name of Jesus? And if you do, what does that mean to others who pray in the name of the Trinity, or are Jewish?

For me and my faith, prayer has to be through Jesus. If I can't go that route, I really can't call it prayer from my conviction.

What is wrong with the prayers of silence, in the hearts of the young people and coaches? Would this not be more along what Jesus was teaching his followers?

Sure it's a prayer if you don't include the name of Jesus. Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

Sure I can. You just posted that you separate your faith with what the world says you can and can't do. I listed 5 examples in the Bible that refused to do that, but you refuse to comment on that because it goes against your argument.

You're a moron if that's what you read. As a Christian I fully realize that I don't need the school system to lead me in prayer. I don't need the school system to promote one faith. I don't need some fat booster coming in the lockerroom to lead a football team in prayer when my own damn brain works and I can say my own prayer.

If you read that as me lacking in my faith then you're lacking in the ability of logic and discernment.

And you STILL haven't debated anything I've posted.

Did Paul pray out loud where he was asked not to? (Legitimate question)

He preached and was arrested often for that preaching. But he also approached the Athenians from their own Temple by using their own idols as illustration to speak about Jesus.

You're a moron if that's what you read. As a Christian I fully realize that I don't need the school system to lead me in prayer. I don't need the school system to promote one faith. I don't need some fat booster coming in the lockerroom to lead a football team in prayer when my own damn brain works and I can say my own prayer.

If you read that as me lacking in my faith then you're lacking in the ability of logic and discernment.

And you STILL haven't debated anything I've posted.

Moron, idiot, stupid, dumb ass. I've been called them all, and more. You're right Clyde. I lack intelligence in a lot of areas. I'm not the brightest guy in the world. There are a whole lot of people way smarter than me. Tons of them on BGP. I would definitely include you in that group. I never once stated you needed the school system to lead you in prayer or to promote your faith. My argument is, and always will be that I wouldn't let a court ruling or mandate prevent me from saying a prayer for a football team, classroom or student body if I felt a burden to say a prayer for them publicly. It wasn't my intention to come in here and anger you or insult you. If I've done so I sincerely apologize. There is a reason I seldom post in this forum. This is the exact reason. I'm done here.

Moron, idiot, stupid, dumb ass. I've been called them all, and more. You're right Clyde. I lack intelligence in a lot of areas. I'm not the brightest guy in the world. There are a whole lot of people way smarter than me. Tons of them on BGP. I would definitely include you in that group. I never once stated you needed the school system to lead you in prayer or to promote your faith. My argument is, and always will be that I wouldn't let a court ruling or mandate prevent me from saying a prayer for a football team, classroom or student body if I felt a burden to say a prayer for them publicly. It wasn't my intention to come in here and anger you or insult you. If I've done so I sincerely apologize. There is a reason I seldom post in this forum. This is the exact reason. I'm done here.

Don't run and hide. You claimed that my faith was "lesser" than yours. I'm supposed to feel that way apparently because I a)support the Constitution and b)do not need a public entity to pray to me, preach to me, push a certain ideology on me. You read that as having lesser faith than you do. There are just certain things you do not do especially when you truly do not know someone. Questioning their faith is high upon that list.

THOSE posts are why people do not get in here. They come off as intolerant.

Don't run and hide. You claimed that my faith was "lesser" than yours. I'm supposed to feel that way apparently because I a)support the Constitution and b)do not need a public entity to pray to me, preach to me, push a certain ideology on me. You read that as having lesser faith than you do. There are just certain things you do not do especially when you truly do not know someone. Questioning their faith is high upon that list.

THOSE posts are why people do not get in here. They come off as intolerant.

Not running, not hiding. Simply said I was done with the thread, and done posting in this forum, and the politics forum. As I stated last thing I want to do is insult or anger anyone, and I'm obviously not smart enough to get my thoughts across without doing so. I am not the type of person that purposely tries to insult or anger someone. I have apologized for doing that, and I'm moving on.