Church can't feed high school football team

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to your first statement: Many things were "done for decades" that aren't now. Jim Crow, segregation, voting rights, etc.

To your second: I will remind you that the GOP (God's part to some), have controlled the White House in 5 out of the last 8 elections. They have also controlled the Congress for as much or more years than the "immoral" office people you speak of. The truth is that the courts have been controlled by both parties at different times (even the Supreme Court has as many or more justices chosen by Republican Presidents) so your hypothesis doesn't wash in my eyes.

They are all immoral, not just a few, but majority are immoral and out for themselves and the lobbyist who control them.

Is there even a national group that reps atheists? I've never heard of an atheist group pushing anything?

My guess, though, is that Mt Ref considers the ACLU to be atheists.

There are. They don't have a whole lot of influence, but they tend to show up in certain church/state relations issues and when someone is trying to get creationism/intelligent design into a science classroom.

Is there even a national group that reps atheists? I've never heard of an atheist group pushing anything?

My guess, though, is that Mt Ref considers the ACLU to be atheists.

Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) are atheists. They call themselves "freethinkers." Their avowed statement, on their webpage, is that "religion is poison."

Do they represent atheists anymore than Westboro Baptist represents other Baptists?

Probably because the government bows down to them as do most who get the big bad letter saying we are suing and going to court.