Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church can't feed high school football team

Featured Replies

Have the courts ruled on using movie lines?

 

Have the courts ruled that a football coach can't use scripture as motivation, or put scripture on T-Shirts? I honestly don't know. I know what the courts have rules as far as teaching in the classroom, or a teacher or administrator leading prayer in school. Does that ruling cover a football coach at a team meal? When I played football we said the Lord's Prayer in the locker room before every game. Was that going against a court ruling?

  • Replies 100
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It became a serious ritual for us. That's when it became "game on" for us. Lord's Prayer followed by controlled violence. Love it.

  • Author

I think Christians and level headed people need to take a stand agaisnt groups like this, it is obvious they are trying to destroy religion, period.

 

Kids now days wont do something if they dont want to, if a kid doesnt want to go to achurch and eat, they wont. if they do go it dont mean they will even listen or believe.

 

This group needs to be classified as a hate group.

Have the courts ruled that a football coach can't use scripture as motivation, or put scripture on T-Shirts?

 

There have been legal rulings over the years that have impacted a coach's ability to lead a prayer before a game. There was a ruling in TX that said a student-led prayer over the school's PA system before a game violated the law.

There have been legal rulings over the years that have impacted a coach's ability to lead a prayer before a game. There was a ruling in TX that said a student-led prayer over the school's PA system before a game violated the law.

 

So would you have a problem with it if the coach wasn't involved at all, and it was done by the booster club?

So would you have a problem with it if the coach wasn't involved at all, and it was done by the booster club?

 

 

IMO a team should pray if they want to without it being led by any adult.

IMO a team should pray if they want to without it being led by any adult.
Wow. I think that's just crazy. I think that a kid should be able to decide if he/she wants to participate or not. That would be more logical to me.
Wow. I think that's just crazy. I think that a kid should be able to decide if he/she wants to participate or not. That would be more logical to me.

 

That would be great if a)every kid was mature enough to decide and b)if every coach was cool with a kid not participating. Sadly, neither are true.

That would be great if a)every kid was mature enough to decide and b)if every coach was cool with a kid not participating. Sadly, neither are true.

 

I don't disagree. I don't see the difference then if one of the 18yo team captains led. Would every kid be more or less likely to participate?

I don't disagree. I don't see the difference then if one of the 18yo team captains led. Would every kid be more or less likely to participate?

 

This is all a legal debate so that's the basis for my answer.

 

A student is not a representative of the public school. Therefore, it's not the same.

This is all a legal debate so that's the basis for my answer.

 

A student is not a representative of the public school. Therefore, it's not the same.

I understand that. So, personally, legality aside do you see anything wrong with a coach leading?

I understand that. So, personally, legality aside do you see anything wrong with a coach leading?

 

 

Yes. No need for it. IF the kids want to pray they will pray. They do not need to be forced to pray.

This is all a legal debate so that's the basis for my answer.

 

A student is not a representative of the public school. Therefore, it's not the same.

 

 

Is a booster?

Yes. No need for it. IF the kids want to pray they will pray. They do not need to be forced to pray.

Forced?

Is a booster?

 

If a booster is leading prayer on the field or in the lockerroom then I say he/she is a rep of the school.

 

Again, why do we need an adult to lead a prayer? Isn't that forcing the kid or pressuring a kid to pray?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.