Roger Clemens is making a comeback.

LRCW

You all three are right. I tried my best to give a good argument for them, but it failed haha. Cheating defintely is cheating no matter the circumstances.

I do have a serious question because I don't know this. Was there a rule in baseball about not being able to use that stuff during that time? Obviously I know there is now since they have stuff in place if someone does, but was there back then? I really don't know and wanted to know?

No rule. I think it was assumed that no one would use because most of the PED's were against the law in this country. However, MLB wasn't smart enough to update their rules when so many athletes from outside of the US starting playing. Baseball embraced it because, after the strike, it put them back on the map. Now they are trying to save face.

Selig should be relieved of his duties.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rule. I think it was assumed that no one would use because most of the PED's were against the law in this country. However, MLB wasn't smart enough to update their rules when so many athletes from outside of the US starting playing. Baseball embraced it because, after the strike, it put them back on the map. Now they are trying to save face.

Selig should be relieved of his duties.

Exactly baseball allowed them to do it. There was no punishment for them, even though baseball knew what was going on. They just turned their head and let it happen. Selig and the people who run baseball allowed the game during those days to be tainted. That is why I think it is stupid for them to try and look like they are doing the right thing and going on the witch hunt for players who did in the past. They won't be able to catch everyone who did. They probably haven't even caught half of the people who had at one point during that time. Baseball screwed up by allowing it to happen, baseball cheated itself even more so than the players did.

Astros owner says they will monitor Clemens and have not ruled out the possibility of him pitching THIS YEAR for them.

I am sure Clemens/his agent contacted the Astros before he ever agreed to the independent league. This is all about Clemens' ego and getting him off the Hall ballot with all the other cheaters. He wants to push his eligibility back 5 years before they start voting on him. The Astros will take the revenue from a Clemens game or two and be happy about it.

I personally hope he throws a perfect game and returns to the majors and wins 25 games next season. #TheRocket

Crash Davis has a better chance of being voted into Cooperstown than that happening, but I'm sure Clemens appreciates you kissing up to him onTwitter. :lol::lol:

I am sure Clemens/his agent contacted the Astros before he ever agreed to the independent league. This is all about Clemens' ego and getting him off the Hall ballot with all the other cheaters. He wants to push his eligibility back 5 years before they start voting on him. The Astros will take the revenue from a Clemens game or two and be happy about it.

No doubt it is about his ego, but I mean if the guy at 50 could still pitch in the majors then why not try it? I mean if the Astros are going to let him, then good for him.