Hiking trails in Northern KY

themayor

Boone Cliffs is the property my great grandfather Cason owned. If you get lost you can find some of the places my grandmother used to play around like "fat man's misery" and "eagle's point" as she so affectionately called them.

We are getting ready to have a family reunion over Labor Day and part of the plan is to go hike there. I am really looking forward to it. I haven't been up there in a long time.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I believe they re-did the trail(s) around Doe Run Lake recently, as well.

I'm a member of the Kenton Cty Rec Commission. We have completed almost all of the trail at Doe Run......just a small amount that takes you across the back water of the lake that is still what I consider a "natural trail." Not flatened out and widened. Once you get across the back water, you get into the access road so it gets easy.

I'm a member of the Kenton Cty Rec Commission. We have completed almost all of the trail at Doe Run......just a small amount that takes you across the back water of the lake that is still what I consider a "natural trail." Not flatened out and widened. Once you get across the back water, you get into the access road so it gets easy.

Is it a nice trail?

My kids love the trail around Doe Run Lake.

• 2 years later...
I really like Boone Cliffs. Nice hike and there's a nice rock outcrop you can climb somewhere close to the middle of the loop.

Went there today. Took a path and thought we were going counterclockwise from the trail head. Turned out that we were on a deer path. A nearby resident saw us and told us we were on the wrong path and needed to climb straight up a hill to catch the park path. Got to the main trail, then later found a little side trail that led to a really cool cliff area with a cave overhang. Got some neat pictures, then got back on the main trail. Then later, we found the well marked "Cliff Overlook", and climbed that cliff as well.

Beautiful park. Lots to see. Really enjoyed it. We will be back.

• 11 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread. After several months in the classroom and taking classes, I can't get enough of the great outdoors. I especially love June, as everything is still lush and green.