Tough Mudder Training

mexitucky

One of my daughters roommates competed )and completed) with a team today. She texted us later (we were in Pikeville and not in Maysville); said she was feeling a little rough. The cold was much worse than the obstacles or the running.

Fortunately for her and her team, papa supplied them with Amish donuts last night and there were still some left for them after the event.

Couldnt share w the class, huh?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my daughters roommates competed )and completed) with a team today. She texted us later (we were in Pikeville and not in Maysville); said she was feeling a little rough. The cold was much worse than the obstacles or the running.

Fortunately for her and her team, papa supplied them with Amish donuts last night and there were still some left for them after the event.

What's an Amish donut?

Good question. In a month they have the Toughest Mudder. I have no idea how they qualify.

It's self reported times. You have to be mildly insane (like i was) to do yesterdays, but completely insane to do worlds toughest. it's not a time, but how many times you can do it for 24 hours...

im so sore, and exhausted still. what a crazy hard challenge. people on the course were saying it was by far the hardest one because of the hills.

It's self reported times. You have to be mildly insane (like i was) to do yesterdays, but completely insane to do worlds toughest. it's not a time, but how many times you can do it for 24 hours...

im so sore, and exhausted still. what a crazy hard challenge. people on the course were saying it was by far the hardest one because of the hills.

Its like you said. You have to finish in the top 5% of the self reported times.

Why were all of the buses from Hamilton, Ohio and why were they always empty going and coming? I bet I saw 20+ busses at any given time with absolutely no one on them. Who makes all of the money off of this event(Under Armour,etc.?). I mean at upwards of $200 to enter, $40 to spectate, $70 for a tattoo, some one making money hand over fist, wish I had come up with the idea. :thumb:

Why were all of the buses from Hamilton, Ohio and why were they always empty going and coming? I bet I saw 20+ busses at any given time with absolutely no one on them. Who makes all of the money off of this event(Under Armour,etc.?). I mean at upwards of $200 to enter, $40 to spectate, $70 for a tattoo, some one making money hand over fist, wish I had come up with the idea. :thumb:
I paid $105 to enter, nothing to park. Spent another $10 there on a few more beers and then went to Penn Station and dominated a large Chicken Parmesan. So, on the entire day I spent somewhere near the $125 range. Not terrible considering how much work goes into setting up one of these events.