Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tough Mudder Training

Featured Replies

  • Author
One of my daughters roommates competed )and completed) with a team today. She texted us later (we were in Pikeville and not in Maysville); said she was feeling a little rough. The cold was much worse than the obstacles or the running.

 

Fortunately for her and her team, papa supplied them with Amish donuts last night and there were still some left for them after the event.

 

Couldnt share w the class, huh?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

I got dropped by the electric. Knocked me on my face.

 

Have you ever touched or ran into an electric fence? If so, how would you gauge it compared to that.

One of my daughters roommates competed )and completed) with a team today. She texted us later (we were in Pikeville and not in Maysville); said she was feeling a little rough. The cold was much worse than the obstacles or the running.

 

Fortunately for her and her team, papa supplied them with Amish donuts last night and there were still some left for them after the event.

 

What's an Amish donut?

  • Author
Have you ever touched or ran into an electric fence? If so, how would you gauge it compared to that.

 

No. Don't plan on being able to compare the two any time soon

 

No. Don't plan on being able to compare the two any time soon

 

Haha. I can understand.

 

On a different note, do they post the results online? I can't seem to find them. Wanted to see how some of my training partners df.

  • Author
Haha. I can understand.

 

On a different note, do they post the results online? I can't seem to find them. Wanted to see how some of my training partners df.

 

No times are officially kept. It is not a race just an experience... they say.

 

No times are officially kept. It is not a race just an experience... they say.

 

Well that's no fun. If no times are kept, how do they determine the top X% who move on to their championship thing?

  • Author
Well that's no fun. If no times are kept, how do they determine the top X% who move on to their championship thing?

 

Good question. In a month they have the Toughest Mudder. I have no idea how they qualify.

Good question. In a month they have the Toughest Mudder. I have no idea how they qualify.

 

It's self reported times. You have to be mildly insane (like i was) to do yesterdays, but completely insane to do worlds toughest. it's not a time, but how many times you can do it for 24 hours...

 

im so sore, and exhausted still. what a crazy hard challenge. people on the course were saying it was by far the hardest one because of the hills.

It's self reported times. You have to be mildly insane (like i was) to do yesterdays, but completely insane to do worlds toughest. it's not a time, but how many times you can do it for 24 hours...

 

im so sore, and exhausted still. what a crazy hard challenge. people on the course were saying it was by far the hardest one because of the hills.

 

Its like you said. You have to finish in the top 5% of the self reported times.

I know Maysville is packed to the gills with people this weekend.

I know Maysville is packed to the gills with people this weekend.

 

There were people in my start time that were from Italy.

Why were all of the buses from Hamilton, Ohio and why were they always empty going and coming? I bet I saw 20+ busses at any given time with absolutely no one on them. Who makes all of the money off of this event(Under Armour,etc.?). I mean at upwards of $200 to enter, $40 to spectate, $70 for a tattoo, some one making money hand over fist, wish I had come up with the idea. :thumb:

Why were all of the buses from Hamilton, Ohio and why were they always empty going and coming? I bet I saw 20+ busses at any given time with absolutely no one on them. Who makes all of the money off of this event(Under Armour,etc.?). I mean at upwards of $200 to enter, $40 to spectate, $70 for a tattoo, some one making money hand over fist, wish I had come up with the idea. :thumb:
I paid $105 to enter, nothing to park. Spent another $10 there on a few more beers and then went to Penn Station and dominated a large Chicken Parmesan. So, on the entire day I spent somewhere near the $125 range. Not terrible considering how much work goes into setting up one of these events.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.