Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tough Mudder Training

Featured Replies

That's fake as it gets. The zaps hurt, but this guy was trying to get onto the internet.

 

Well, I'd still rather run through...

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Here's yours truly going through in Ohio. We start at the 12 sec makr. You can see my dainty wife running through it. See that line of people. That's how a lot of the obstacles are. You get plenty of break.

 

  • Author

B-R-U-T-A-L. 11 miles of hills and cramps. My quads are done for a week. 3 hours and 20 min of cold. I lost two toe nails.

B-R-U-T-A-L. 11 miles of hills and cramps. My quads are done for a week. 3 hours and 20 min of cold. I lost two toe nails.

 

Sounds terrible & makes me wonder why anyone would want to do this.

  • Author
Sounds terrible & makes me wonder why anyone would want to do this.

 

I asked that same thing to myself after jumping in the dumpster w I've water.

  • Author
I asked that same thing to myself after jumping in the dumpster w I've water.

 

Or ice water

Sounds terrible & makes me wonder why anyone would want to do this.

 

 

Was thinking the same thing.

  • Author
The ice water and electrocution turned me off of if.

 

I got dropped by the electric. Knocked me on my face.

Hills and cold were brutal!!! Made it through in 4 hours. Favorite obstacle was the halfpipe, least favorite was the ice water.

mexi, how did this one compare to the one you did in northern Ohio?

  • Author
mexi, how did this one compare to the one you did in northern Ohio?

 

This one was so much harder. The hills were so hard. We had a smaller group so our pace was faster, too. I got the tall walls on my own and got across the monkey bars, so I was happy about that. I didn't run as much as I wanted due to cramps.

This one was so much harder. The hills were so hard. We had a smaller group so our pace was faster, too. I got the tall walls on my own and got across the monkey bars, so I was happy about that. I didn't run as much as I wanted due to cramps.

 

We had a six person group. So there was some waiting. I made it to the top of the monkey bars and then went down. Made it to the third ring and lost momentum. Those two were rough! All in all, it was a good experience and I would definitely do one again just hopefully when its not so cold!

One of my daughters roommates competed )and completed) with a team today. She texted us later (we were in Pikeville and not in Maysville); said she was feeling a little rough. The cold was much worse than the obstacles or the running.

 

Fortunately for her and her team, papa supplied them with Amish donuts last night and there were still some left for them after the event.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.