Ain't no homos going to make it to heaven

The Bible also says it's wrong to eat shellfish. Do you eat shrimp?

And before you go and throw that whole "Christ is the new covenant" and all that other such stuff that says the New Testament is all that matters, I thought the Bible was the inerrant, literal Word of God, not to be parsed out by any human being? If the Bible is the inerrant, literal Word of God, you can't say one part is meaningless and the rest is meaningful just because it suits some bigoted argument. In other words, you can't pick and choose parts of the OT that suit your argument and dismiss the rest.

Common mistake that Christ threw out the entire Old Covenant, the New Covenant FULFILLED the Old Covenant, it did not eliminate it.

The reason the old dietary laws no longer apply is due to Mark Chapter 7 which Jesus says:

14 And he called the people to him again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand: 15 There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.”[e] 17 And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. 18 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, 19 since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”[f] ( Thus he declared all foods clean.) 20 And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. 21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

So from the above, the Old Covenant is not eliminated, just the old dietary laws.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, Talk about being judgemental.

I know you were replying to JS,but I will be the first to tell you that I can be judgmental.I can also be hypocritical and express my hatred about something that gets under my skin.But I'm not the one that's in church every Sunday preaching or telling other people how they should live their lives.God gave me enough common sense to know that murder,adultery,lying,cheating and stealing is wrong.Why?Because those things hurt other people.What goes on between two consenting adults has nothing to do with me.

If you want to call someone judgmental you should start with the folks that are telling other people how they should live their lives!

I know you were replying to JS,but I will be the first to tell you that I can be judgmental.I can also be hypocritical and express my hatred about something that gets under my skin.But I'm not the one that's in church every Sunday preaching or telling other people how they should live their lives.God gave me enough common sense to know that murder,adultery,lying,cheating and stealing is wrong.Why?Because those things hurt other people.What goes on between two consenting adults has nothing to do with me.

If you want to call someone judgmental you should start with the folks that are telling other people how they should live their lives!

Is there a better place for hypocrites to be than in a church?

The reaction of the adults in the church is the most upsetting thing to me. I bet you'd be able to hear crickets in the church I attend in that same scenario.

I didn't see it as hate speech, but that's just me. (Admittedly, I don't know the laws regarding hate speech and how they are specifically written and applied.)

I agree with spindoc's posts. And, I do find it curious how certain "sins" seem to garner so much focus and attention. It is a difficult issue and this wouldn't be at the top of my list on how to address it.