Ain't no homos going to make it to heaven

Had the kid walked into a Gay Bar and said that, I could lean your way. The fact he was at Church/Service event, I just cant see it.

So you don't see a problem with the way the congregation exploded into thunderous applause at the part about homos, excuse me, homosexuals (I feel the term homos is derogatory, I hope you do too) not making it to heaven, or to put another way, will go to hell? I can't see how anyone who is Christian not seeing just how UNChristian this is????? I don't applaud the thought of ANYONE, even my worse enemy, going to hell.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what I found most disturbing is CHURCH GOERS cheering about ANYONE (gay or not) not going to heaven. Shouldn't TRUE Godly people hope everyone can make it to heaven and feel sympathy (rather than applause) for those they believe will not make it????

Thank you.

I think we also have to understand that the church in general feels very threatened by our nations "Fad" in accepting homosexuality. I used the word "Fad" only because I couldn;t think of a better term, please do not get hung up on the word "Fad." These people more than likely are laughing because this cute little boy is attacking a lifestyle that is viewed as threatening. I do not see it as being any different then all of us snickering forty years ago if a seven year old yelled "All Commies are going to Hell." (I'm not saying that homosexuality and communism are the same thing, it was just an example). I am against any kind of Hate. But I can see their perspective.

I think we also have to understand that the church in general feels very threatened by our nations "Fad" in accepting homosexuality. I used the word "Fad" only because I couldn;t think of a better term, please do not get hung up on the word "Fad." These people more than likely are laughing because this cute little boy is attacking a lifestyle that is viewed as threatening. I do not see it as being any different then all of us snickering forty years ago if a seven year old yelled "All Commies are going to Hell." (I'm not saying that homosexuality and communism are the same thing, it was just an example). I am against any kind of Hate. But I can see their perspective.

And their perspective would be defined as ignorance.Just my opinion.:thumb:

First, I would have to think that if the church has denominational hierarchy that they were reprimanded, or at least I would hope they were.

Secondly, calling someone a homo brings reproach on the body of Christ.

Thirdly, the kid is right. "Homos" as well as murderers, liars, adulterers, and every other unrepentant sinner who has yet to accept Christ as their savior "ain't gonna make it to Heaven". He is THE WAY, the only way and my faith totally hinges on that fact.

First, I would have to think that if the church has denominational hierarchy that they were reprimanded, or at least I would hope they were.

Secondly, calling someone a homo brings reproach on the body of Christ.

Thirdly, the kid is right. "Homos" as well as murderers, liars, adulterers, and every other unrepentant sinner who has yet to accept Christ as their savior "ain't gonna make it to Heaven". He is THE WAY, the only way and my faith totally hinges on that fact.

Key to your quote is in bold.

How can you even know who is going to heaven or not?

Key to your quote is in bold.

How can you even know who is going to heaven or not?

I believe the Bible to be true. All of it. Christ says in John 14:6

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

You can live the most sin free life possible, but according to God's own son, He is the only way to Heaven. There aren't other doors, other pathways, only through Christ's sacrifice and accepting that sacrifice for the atonement for my sin and they are all now covered under His blood.

Bottom line, if folks don't believe that God's word is truth, then we don't have equal grounds to discuss the topic.

I believe the Bible to be true. All of it. Christ says in John 14:6

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

You can live the most sin free life possible, but according to God's own son, He is the only way to Heaven. There aren't other doors, other pathways, only through Christ's sacrifice and accepting that sacrifice for the atonement for my sin and they are all now covered under His blood.

Bottom line, if folks don't believe that God's word is truth, then we don't have equal grounds to discuss the topic.

The conundrum is...what about homosexuals who believe in Him and live a life in service to Him?

The conundrum is...what about homosexuals who believe in Him and live a life in service to Him?

Thankfully that's not for me to judge. However, I think once you receive the Holy Spirit, you are a new creation in Him. You shed the old man and put on the new. I can't answer your question, nor can anyone frankly. That would be for God alone to decide. When I was saved, the four letter words simply stopped coming out of my mouth. I still thought them, but there was a filter I hadn't had before. I didn't have the urge to drink Crown Royal like I had before. I would hope that homosexuals would consider the reproach that the lifestyle brings on the body of Christ and I'd hope the Holy Spirit would convict them of that lifestyle and they'd turn from it. But I can't answer your question mom.