Scrimmages

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want you to name any names, it's just that I'm trying to say that maybe the new coach is a fish out of water. Maybe she doesn't really know where to start with this team? Maybe she named her pitcher #1 because she thinks that is the most important position? Sounds like she has alot to learn, and I'm sure she will figure it out. If I were you, I wouldn't pay much attention to what number your daughter is, and concentrate on getting better and winning games.

I don't want you to name any names, it's just that I'm trying to say that maybe the new coach is a fish out of water. Maybe she doesn't really know where to start with this team? Maybe she named her pitcher #1 because she thinks that is the most important position? Sounds like she has alot to learn, and I'm sure she will figure it out. If I were you, I wouldn't pay much attention to what number your daughter is, and concentrate on getting better and winning games.

She was the assistant last year.

There are some good softball coaches out there and available and some not so good and/or inexperienced that have been hired...many good coaches stick with travel ball so they don't have to deal with all the drama, politics and parents. High school coaching is certainly not worth the time or pay, these coaches have a thankless job and really must like the girls and/or sport to consider coaching.

Well the old coach went back to Oklahoma or somewhere and we won like 4 games but they hire the assistant? I still don't get the logic. We should be good if we spike, pass or dink.
Ok, now I am going to ask you, the season has not started right? Next, it seems to me that the Fast Pitch Program that these gilrs come up in is weak? Next do any of the girls work out on their own to get better? I would not run my mouth here, Sandy Kitchen is very well liked in the community and she is very dedicated to winning. The program will need a few years to get to the next level. But until these girls learn the fundamentals and play competetive, the program will struggle. I would not measure how many wins this team has, but how they progress in their skills to become a better team. This program has never really done well and the reasons are stated above. Coach Lambert started the progess to get these girls better and Caoch Kitchen will continue the process.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I did want to say something in this thread. Last year, Bracken County played Campbell at the beginning of the season and in the regional tourney. They were a much improved team from that first game to that last game. I have no idea about this year, but it seemed to me that last year's coach made great strides with the team. A coach can only do so much; he can't pitch, hit, or make the plays---right?

From my understanding coach Lambert had the worst 2 seasons in school history?????

Let me say one thing about Coach Lambert, he took no crap from parents or kids. He had has best pitcher quit in a middle of a tournament because of 2 things: 1. she could not hit the strike zone and he pulled her and she did not like it, and 2. she wanted to play another position but was never going to play the position as they had a big hitter in the position who could play the field and hit.

Also, before you say he had the worst 2 seasons in school history, he never backed down to any opponent and had 2 years of tough schedules which he did not make. He got what was handed to him. Compare the schedules of the previous two years to what he had his 2 years. No way are they comparable.

You might want to rethink your comment or maybe I should say before you say he had the 2 worst seasons, you might want to look to see what the previous teams played.

I would also like to add that Coach Lambert is well respected in Texas and in many other states regarding his knowledge about the game. He has produced All Americans at LSU, Texas, A&M, ULL, Georgia Tech and many other schools. He is well respected by many college coaches (Div I) as well for the way he not only coaches the game but how he teaches his players. If someone did not want to learn the game properly who's fault is it? His or the girl's? He put the best talent out there that tried out. That is knock on the girls but more so on the league that produces these girls.

Also, until you have girls who play year round ball or work on the skill year round they will never get better. This is not only my opinion but opinions of many others. I had a conversation with someone yesterday regarding why is Clark and Montgomery Co. so good and this person told me, they throw and work on things YEAR ROUND, not only before their season. They go to the gym and pitchers pitch, they go to batting cages during the off season and hit. I am not sure the dedication at CCHS is there.

Edited by memyselfandi