Scrimmages

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I never heard of him in the college circles. As much as i love my Lady Camels why would a dude with those credentials come all the way to Alexandria, Ky. to coach a program that has always struggled? Was he a head coach at all these places. What did he do there? Who were these people who respected him as a great college coach? As for the year round thing I doubt Newport CC, Ryle or Brossart players play year round and they win.

Let me say one thing about Coach Lambert, he took no crap from parents or kids. He had has best pitcher quit in a middle of a tournament because of 2 things: 1. she could not hit the strike zone and he pulled her and she did not like it, and 2. she wanted to play another position but was never going to play the position as they had a big hitter in the position who could play the field and hit.

Also, before you say he had the worst 2 seasons in school history, he never backed down to any opponent and had 2 years of tough schedules which he did not make. He got what was handed to him. Compare the schedules of the previous two years to what he had his 2 years. No way are they comparable.

You might want to rethink your comment or maybe I should say before you say he had the 2 worst seasons, you might want to look to see what the previous teams played.

I would also like to add that Coach Lambert is well respected in Texas and in many other states regarding his knowledge about the game. He has produced All Americans at LSU, Texas, A&M, ULL, Georgia Tech and many other schools. He is well respected by many college coaches (Div I) as well for the way he not only coaches the game but how he teaches his players. If someone did not want to learn the game properly who's fault is it? His or the girl's? He put the best talent out there that tried out. That is knock on the girls but more so on the league that produces these girls.

Also, until you have girls who play year round ball or work on the skill year round they will never get better. This is not only my opinion but opinions of many others. I had a conversation with someone yesterday regarding why is Clark and Montgomery Co. so good and this person told me, they throw and work on things YEAR ROUND, not only before their season. They go to the gym and pitchers pitch, they go to batting cages during the off season and hit. I am not sure the dedication at CCHS is there.

Well I never heard of him in the college circles. As much as i love my Lady Camels why would a dude with those credentials come all the way to Alexandria, Ky. to coach a program that has always struggled? Was he a head coach at all these places. What did he do there? Who were these people who respected him as a great college coach? As for the year round thing I doubt Newport CC, Ryle or Brossart players play year round and they win.

Why would you? He is from Texas and not to make a dig at you but you do not seem all that knowledge when it comes to the game. I never said he coached in college. HE coached division I All Americans in year round softball in Houston, Texas.

To answer your question about why a "dude" would come to Alexandria, KY to coach softball. Let me fill you in as you must have missed that somewhere in all of your vast knowledge of softball at Campbell County. His daughter is the athletic trainer at Campbell County High School and he wanted to bring his knowledge and experience to the girls here. Why don't you ask the kids to see how they liked playing for him. Those who could not cut it with him obviously will say negative things about him but those kids learned a lot from him, and they did make improvements.

He has many friends that are coaches at the Div I level, Baylor, Virginia (you know the lady who used to be the head coach at UK - Eileen Schmidt), ULL, SFA, West Texas A&M. He could go to any softball tournament in the Houston area and talk with the former LSU coach, UT (Texas) hitting coach. I am not going to list all of his credentials but he is as good as you can get. Just saying.

I am really not sure why you are questioning it. You make no sense to me. First you say he is a great guy then you go and bash him. Then you have a daughter who plays at Campbell so you say but all you do is bash them. I really don't get you.

Another thing, if he had the pitching as many of the other teams had in previous years (Brossart, Ryle, Conner) this conversation and his record would have never been brought up! Call it an excuse but if you know softball (like you clearly say you do) you would know this is a FACT!

I think I know who Camel Bump is, one of the old names in the County that think with their last name they have the God Given Right to be at the top of the depth chart. There sometimes are these parents out there they do not care about talent, but what their last name is or was.

I am proud of my Camel Heritage. Our family has done a lot for the school. But knowing college coaches doesn't make a man a good coach. Bubby Holly or whatever the singer's name was was from Texas too that didn't make him a good softball coach. Same could be said for Bobby Gillespie who coahced at UK. I once met Rick Pitino but I don't coach the UK basketball team. Our Camels didnt hit a lick last year and he was a hitting coach? Goodness Gracious.

I think she is psychic

Im sorry if I offended you in any way. I see that you and Mr. Lambert have some sort of connection. I am not going to rethink my statement because it is true. All of the ifs ands or buts are excuses in my opinion.

I am proud of my Camel Heritage. Our family has done a lot for the school. But knowing college coaches doesn't make a man a good coach. Bubby Holly or whatever the singer's name was was from Texas too that didn't make him a good softball coach. Same could be said for Bobby Gillespie who coahced at UK. I once met Rick Pitino but I don't coach the UK basketball team. Our Camels didnt hit a lick last year and he was a hitting coach? Goodness Gracious.

You still can't read. I never said he was a COLLEGE HITTING COACH!

So what have you done for the School? Do you work with your daughter to improve her hitting? Does she work on her game with other players in the off season. You mention that she plays soccer as well, how does she do in soccer? Does she play select soccer or select fast pitch? To be a good athlete and to stay on top of the game, you have to work at it. If a player only shows up to play sports during the seasons and does not work in the off season, they will not have the skills or the mindset to be competetive.

Ohhh he KNEW hitting coaches. :ohbrother:

LOOK, you think you know what you are talking about and I think you do not have a clue. You just do not coach softball for 20+ years in one of the best states in the nation for softball recruits and not know what you are talking about and earn the respect he has with college coaches. Lets see how many of your fabulous coaches have a resume like Mr. Lambert. Just saying. Or lets say the references he had. Too bad I could not post his reference for you on here because you would not believe it anyways so get a clue.

You just need feet to play soccer. My daughter works out at the gym

So what have you done for the School? Do you work with your daughter to improve her hitting? Does she work on her game with other players in the off season. You mention that she plays soccer as well, how does she do in soccer? Does she play select soccer or select fast pitch? To be a good athlete and to stay on top of the game, you have to work at it. If a player only shows up to play sports during the seasons and does not work in the off season, they will not have the skills or the mindset to be competetive.

Lots of dudes coach a long time and don't win. Might have been a weak league. The coaches that win a lot have to have teams to beat ya know sis. I'd like to know some references to call down in Lubbock.

LOOK, you think you know what you are talking about and I think you do not have a clue. You just do not coach softball for 20+ years in one of the best states in the nation for softball recruits and not know what you are talking about and earn the respect he has with college coaches. Lets see how many of your fabulous coaches have a resume like Mr. Lambert. Just saying. Or lets say the references he had. Too bad I could not post his reference for you on here because you would not believe it anyways so get a clue.