Breaking news! Highlands may be losing their best player for the finals!

theguru

The Court of Appeals just overturned the Campbell Circuit Court temporary injunction on Mike Mitchell today. In other words, right now Mike can't play. I just got this info so I am scrambling to bring more facts to the table and I will release them as I get them.

For all of you that don't know, Mitchell (#34) has been the Highlands go to guy in all the big games this year including the wins over Boyle and Bell County.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it (which is a layman's understanding), HHS would forfeit any games Mitchell played in after the injuction if the Court of Appeals held up the KHSAA original ruling. This was covered in the original threads on the case. The temporary injuction does not supercede the original KHSAA ruling if it is later held up in the appeals court. That is why we all speculated about the decision to play Mitchell or not, it was a gamble that has big consequences.

This should be interesting to say the least.

Didn't the KHSAA rule on this before the season started!

The way I understand it (which is a layman's understanding), HHS would forfeit any games Mitchell played in after the injuction if the Court of Appeals held up the KHSAA original ruling. This was covered in the original threads on the case. The temporary injuction does not supercede the original KHSAA ruling if it is later held up in the appeals court. That is why we all speculated about the decision to play Mitchell or not, it was a gamble that has big consequences.

This should be interesting to say the least.

If this is true from what I've heard on here about the kid I think this would just about close the deal for Boyle anyway.

Don't think that for a minute. Highlands is really deep at the skilled positions. Mitchell has had a great year but there are some other very good players that have hardly touched the ball for the Birds.